Getting ready to take the plunge

womanchild

Mar 1, 2007
I have been thinking about it for a long time. And I think I am almost ready to take the Chanel plunge. I have an OK bag collection. But my one Chanel went AWOL when my sis took it while I was in Europe.

So now I am thinking aobut getting another one. Does anyone have suggestions for a Chanel bag that would take me from casual to sophisticated chic. I can only get one so it has to serve many purposes.

All suggestions are welcome.

Tell me. What would you chose if you could only have one Chanel?

Well I waited 3 years to be sure of the right bag cuz I knew it would cost $$$ and I went with the Classic Flap, black caviar, silver hardware, Large. I carry lots of stuff so Large is perfect but if you don't, get the medium. I think medium would go great for day or evening.

Attachments

• Chanel Top.jpg
    Chanel Top.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 79
Wow. That's beautiful. Thanks for the photo.

Even looking at it I have to ask myself if I have what it takes to wear Chanel. Does anyone evey feel like they have to work up to being "Chanel-worthy" style-wise?

Don't worry about being worthy of your bag! If you find yourself worrying about that, you should look for another bag. I think classic Chanel is very wearable, though! I like the black classic with the new chain.

nerdphanie: you are right i just need to take the plunge. But the legend of Chanel is still a big deal for me. lol.

fabs04 and sheanabelle: I just looked up the cotton club and I like that one too! It just looks so chic.

alouette: I couldn't find that one. Do you have a picture of it?

when i started reading this forum....im looking for my first and last chanel. chanel reference and shopping threads helped me a lot in my quest.

i was also looking for a classic chanel that is wearable day and night and will last me a long time....i chose the classic flap in medium and phython (my first exotic skin).

im still waiting for them....i still cant decide between dark silver and bronze/copper :P

i think a classic flap esp 2.55 is a nice classic bag...esp the metallic reissues coming in this fall.

Uh oh. Now I want everything in the reference thread. But I remember when they first made the 2.55 I thought it was sooo cool.

Hmm, I'm thinking of maybe going to the store and look at them and pick them up try them on etc.

Thanks ladies. I see this is going to take some research for me.

Uh oh. Now I want everything in the reference thread. But I remember when they first made the 2.55 I thought it was sooo cool.

Hmm, I'm thinking of maybe going to the store and look at them and pick them up try them on etc.

Thanks ladies. I see this is going to take some research for me.

good idea! feel the bags., pick the one you like best...and do a phone order to a store where you dont have to pay tax and shipping.

good luck to your hunt!:smile: