1:00am on the Bay...

shminbabe

O.G.
Aug 12, 2012
I am an impulsive eBay shopper.

I just went to look and so of course I saw something I liked, and 29 minutes later it was mine.

I was hoping someone would outbid me. No such luck.

I like the bag (er, I HOPE I do). The pictures look nice. It's an old school MAM in dark blue. I got it for $152.

I love MAMs and I have two already, which is why I don't need a third. But, I liked the price, the look of the bag and its leather, and it will be fun to have an old school version.

But I should not have gotten it. Oh well.

I just went to look and so of course I saw something I liked, and 29 minutes later it was mine.

I like the bag (er, I HOPE I do). The pictures look nice. It's an old school MAM in dark blue. I got it for $152.

I love MAMs and I have two already, which is why I don't need a third. But, I liked the price, the look of the bag and its leather, and it will be fun to have an old school version.

Oh, so you're the one who got the Nautical Blue one! You outbid me, lol. I actually didn't put in a very high bid because I also have several MABs/MAMs already, told myself that if it's for me then it's for me. I guess it's for you! :smile: Congrats! Btw, where I am it's still the middle of the day.

Lol! That was me last night, except I spent a lot more! I've been lusting after photos of plum MAMs with rosé gold hardware in the reference section. I just recently got into Rebecca Minkoff and have missed the boat on a lot of great colors. I saw one pop up on eBay last night in what appears to be excellent condition and it had to be mine! I also just scored a like new purple haze zip MAM that I haven't even received yet! Oh and a black and rose gold MAC last week! I'm officially on a ban... After I find a nice red!! :graucho:

Please post pics when your new beauty arrives. Such a great price for an oldie. I've always wanted one with the old school tassels. And know that your late night impulse purchases make you in good company! :smile:

Lol! That was me last night, except I spent a lot more! I've been lusting after photos of plum MAMs with rosé gold hardware in the reference section. I just recently got into Rebecca Minkoff and have missed the boat on a lot of great colors. I saw one pop up on eBay last night in what appears to be excellent condition and it had to be mine! I also just scored a like new purple haze zip MAM that I haven't even received yet! Oh and a black and rose gold MAC last week! I'm officially on a ban... After I find a nice red!! :graucho:

Please post pics when your new beauty arrives. Such a great price for an oldie. I've always wanted one with the old school tassels. And know that your late night impulse purchases make you in good company! :smile:
Saw that Plum MAM disappear quickly too! Please post pics too when you get it.

Oh, so you're the one who got the Nautical Blue one! You outbid me, lol. I actually didn't put in a very high bid because I also have several MABs/MAMs already, told myself that if it's for me then it's for me. I guess it's for you! :smile: Congrats! Btw, where I am it's still the middle of the day.

Yes, guilty as charged. I'm honored to have bid with another tPFer! Ha ha. I guess we are all in good company, both here and on the Bay. Lol.

Speaking of MABs, how much bigger than the MAM is that bag, anyway? The MAM seems to be a really good size; hardly 'mini', you know?

I'll have to post a picture of this Nautical Blue MAM when it arrives. It looks quite dark, close to black, in the photos. Don't you think?

What year do you think this bag was issued?

So if it's still the middle of the day where you are, are you ahead or behind me:smile:

What is it about RM bags that spurs these 'acquisition sprees' many of us go on one we get started on her line?!

So glad to know I'm not alone in my late night (early morning?!) eBaying.

I want to see the pictures of your new or new-to-you bags. Last summer when I started with her, I fell in love with her Grape color and leather, which was a distressed finish, a little shiny. I had just started collecting her bags and I immediately bought a Grape Swing, MAC mini, Mac Daddy, and MAM. Yes, all these in Grape. So I get your passion for Plum, and Purple Haze.

I have some of her bags in other colors, too. Yikes. It's too many.

Post pics of all your goodies!

well, this happened to me not just once before. when i was bidding/ about to buy it now, i was so desperate for this bag or that bag, but a moment later, i felt kind of guilty about winning the auction/ the purchase. but now, i have learned to stop and control my shopping desire for more bags. i have over 50!! no kidding. i have to donate some away in order to give myself some space to walk and sleep LOL.

the war between reality and desire never stops, i just know it :biggrin:

well, this happened to me not just once before. when i was bidding/ about to buy it now, i was so desperate for this bag or that bag, but a moment later, i felt kind of guilty about winning the auction/ the purchase. but now, i have learned to stop and control my shopping desire for more bags. i have over 50!! no kidding. i have to donate some away in order to give myself some space to walk and sleep LOL.

the war between reality and desire never stops, i just know it :biggrin:
I know too! hahaha. I had a bag sale (other brands) in the office a couple of weeks ago to accommodate/justify my new purchases.:smile:

Yes, guilty as charged. I'm honored to have bid with another tPFer! Ha ha. I guess we are all in good company, both here and on the Bay. Lol.

Speaking of MABs, how much bigger than the MAM is that bag, anyway? The MAM seems to be a really good size; hardly 'mini', you know?

I'll have to post a picture of this Nautical Blue MAM when it arrives. It looks quite dark, close to black, in the photos. Don't you think?

What year do you think this bag was issued?

So if it's still the middle of the day where you are, are you ahead or behind me:smile:

I'm ahead by about half a day, exact number of hours depend on which state you are. :smile:

I'm actually curious about the actual color too. I messaged the seller before and she said it is really deep dark blue, almost like black in some lighting. Please post pics when you get it. I'm not so sure about the year, I'm not an expert because I also was just introduced to RMs about 6 months ago (but accumulated a lot too since!). But that lining if I'm not mistaken is from 2009 or 2008. Somebody pointed out to me before that old school ones have the D ring in front, not square, so I'm not really sure if htis one is old school.

There's a full thread on the comparison between MAMs and MABs. I carry a lot and my stuff fit in the MAM. It's a good size. When I put the same things in the MAB, the bag still looks big and full at the bottom, but has so much headroom, so the tendency is for the bag to slouch.But I think this is one attraction of RMs too - the slouch and puddling.

Enjoy your new bag!

What is it about RM bags that spurs these 'acquisition sprees' many of us go on one we get started on her line?!

So glad to know I'm not alone in my late night (early morning?!) eBaying.

I want to see the pictures of your new or new-to-you bags. Last summer when I started with her, I fell in love with her Grape color and leather, which was a distressed finish, a little shiny. I had just started collecting her bags and I immediately bought a Grape Swing, MAC mini, Mac Daddy, and MAM. Yes, all these in Grape. So I get your passion for Plum, and Purple Haze.

I have some of her bags in other colors, too. Yikes. It's too many.

Post pics of all your goodies!

You're right! I've heard of so many ladies going on sprees when they first discover the brand. It's so hard not to! For me, I came from being Balenciaga obsessed (still am!) and RM bags are so moderately priced compared to Bal. To be able to pick up a new/gently used bag for a couple hundred bucks was so enticing to me! I justified that all the purchases I quickly made were way less than just one little Bal! And so the addiction began.

I started in June and have already purchased 10 bags, yikes! I have already sold a few off that didn't work for me and have returned a couple for either quality issues or sellers not being honest about the condition. I need to pare down my entire bag collection. I keep trying to tell myself "less is more" and only keep pieces I truly love.

That's funny about all your Grape bags! It's a lovely color! I saw it at the rack over the summer. I was holding out for a pebbled eggplant (newer color). Hopefully I will be satisfied with purple haze when she arrives.

I will post pics when the bags arrive. My new-to-me black and rose gold MAC is technically a Christmas gift so I will post photos of that after the holidays!

I'd love to see all your Grape beauties! Did you do a family reveal that I missed?!

That's how it starts...

Hey you guys,

I still haven't heard from the seller of this bag I bought five days ago. I wrote to the seller two days ago, and again, earlier tonight.

Should I be concerned? How long is too long to wait? I since purchased two more things from eBay and each have been shipped already.

Hey you guys,

I still haven't heard from the seller of this bag I bought five days ago. I wrote to the seller two days ago, and again, earlier tonight.

Should I be concerned? How long is too long to wait? I since purchased two more things from eBay and each have been shipped already.
have you already paid? first, check the listing again to find any note about intended delay shipment or something like that. if no, then, if you still don't hear from the seller for 3 more days, i'd suggest open a case on PayPal (if this is your payment method). some sellers have the seller remorse or they may not be happy with the winning price so they drag along and finally cancel the transaction. i hope it is not happening.

Hey you guys,

she might away for the hokiday