Louboutins in Airports

Onye54

Sep 12, 2013
I didn't see a thread about this so I think it's ok to start this one and ask?

Do any of you wear your Louboutins in the airport? if yes which ones?

It may sound like a silly question but I am curious...plus I think it's daring.

My answer? Nope, never. If I'm traveling I'm in tennis shoes and yoga pants unless I'm going immediately into a meeting. But even if I'm going directly to a meeting I'm still in tennis shoes and I change once I get to my destination.

I'm not sure why you think it's daring to wear them in an airport. They're just shoes.

I always wear flats in airports / on flights. If I wanted to wear them on the way out (as in off the plane and into the area where people meet you) I would still wear flats but put the CLs in my carry-on handbag & switch shoes in the bathroom where I touch up my makeup anyway before meeting with family/friends.

I don't wear them when I travel since I typically only take red-eye flights, but I make sure all of my CL's are kept in my carry on bag...attached to me at ALL times! I've never put them in with my checked luggage since I bring about 6 different pairs and I kinda feel the need to guard them with my life, haha! :love: Crazy, I know!

My answer? Nope, never. If I'm traveling I'm in tennis shoes and yoga pants unless I'm going immediately into a meeting. But even if I'm going directly to a meeting I'm still in tennis shoes and I change once I get to my destination.

I'm not sure why you think it's daring to wear them in an airport. They're just shoes.

Yeah that makes sense. The look of them with an outfit I find daring regardless of location.. plus you don't see it often lol.

It would depend if the destination was 2 hours away... Maybe... But flats for long flights... Plus airplanes get very cold...

Yeah I normally wear flats...when I ask that it doesn't mean just heels though..flats, boots whatever. I'm curious. Yes airplanes do get very cold and I'm going back to Nigeria so I have a long flight ahead of me.

I always wear flats in airports / on flights. If I wanted to wear them on the way out (as in off the plane and into the area where people meet you) I would still wear flats but put the CLs in my carry-on handbag & switch shoes in the bathroom where I touch up my makeup anyway before meeting with family/friends.

Yeah..I'm not meeting up with anyone bwhahahaha :biggrin:

I don't wear them when I travel since I typically only take red-eye flights, but I make sure all of my CL's are kept in my carry on bag...attached to me at ALL times! I've never put them in with my checked luggage since I bring about 6 different pairs and I kinda feel the need to guard them with my life, haha! :love: Crazy, I know!

I understand you...I'm really nervous about traveling with them..I'm definitely packing them in my carry-on.

Nope. I always wear flats mainly due to the fact I'm usually the last one running to the gate :biggrin:

HAHAHA that's terrible! I'm always 2-3 hours early.

I wear louboutin sneakers all the times on planes, they are comfy and usually have spikes on them, if airport staff complain about my shoes being 'weapons' (in carry-on) i can remind them that they are plastic spikes and went unnoticed by the metal detector and them when i passed the security gate.

I wore a pair of rollerboys once in dubai airport and only worn a few times the soles weren't too scuffed and boy were they slippery on the tiles... walking around the airport was so difficult and slow haha especially with all the luggage

I never wear mine, they tear my feet apart and they're sneakers! I wear my gucci sandals and call it a day, comfy and convenient. I don't even carry them on (too heavy with all the spikes), I just check them and I haven't had any problems.

My wife never wears them in airports either. Kids, longlines, timetables, and more keep her wearing flats. We do bring all her Louboutins on as carry ons.

I can imagine that would crazy...the last thing you would need to worry about is breaking a heel!

yes bc i own louboutin flats

How comfortable are they AEGIS?

I wear louboutin sneakers all the times on planes, they are comfy and usually have spikes on them, if airport staff complain about my shoes being 'weapons' (in carry-on) i can remind them that they are plastic spikes and went unnoticed by the metal detector and them when i passed the security gate.

I wore a pair of rollerboys once in dubai airport and only worn a few times the soles weren't too scuffed and boy were they slippery on the tiles... walking around the airport was so difficult and slow haha especially with all the luggage

At least you don't have problems with the spikes...I heard that TSA gives people a hard time about them. Oh wow really even the sneakers' sole don't have traction?

I never wear mine, they tear my feet apart and they're sneakers! I wear my gucci sandals and call it a day, comfy and convenient. I don't even carry them on (too heavy with all the spikes), I just check them and I haven't had any problems.

Oooohh that's good you are comfortable checking in your shoes! LOL Just the thought makes me nervous!

I do. I flew in the Lucifer 120 from LA back to Ohio last week...no problems. If I have connection concerns I always carry a set a flats...lately the Dufferin loafer

Wow I'm sure you got plenty of shoe lookers :biggrin:

i always go for comfort when i travel. i usually pack my CLs in my carry-on.

Yeah Nigerians I know for a fact when it's time to fly back to Nigeria for Christmas...you have people from France, UK, Spain, Italy...coming home and they dress to the 20s. Don't know why...maybe it's a Nigerian thing? :lol: