SA needs my ID

What did your SA say when asking? I don't think it's normal, but it could happen as there was once the store filed a gift voucher form for us and the SAs asked our ID number, but nothing from hermes or the store.

Were you writing a personal check as payment for your purchase? This would require your ID and approval. Otherwise, not sure. Perhaps if you provided more details we could better advise you....

Definitely not usual
Did u ask what was the reason
N may we know which city or store?
Could it b a new policy
Btw what did u purchase too?

Were you writing a personal check as payment for your purchase? This would require your ID and approval. Otherwise, not sure. Perhaps if you provided more details we could better advise you....

I've never encountered this before, odd they are asking you for a copy?

Sometimes if the cashier/SA doesn't know you well, she could ask you for photo ID at check out if the transaction is over $1k+?

I just heard the SA requested for passport before offering u bags in paris

What did your SA say when asking? I don't think it's normal, but it could happen as there was once the store filed a gift voucher form for us and the SAs asked our ID number, but nothing from hermes or the store.

Thank you so much for your reply.

The reason she told me is she offered me a Birkin a few month ago and now she needs a copy of my ID card to associate this bag to me. But I think it sounds weird because I don't understand why she didn't ask me for it when I bought the bag.

That sounds weird - I literally never have provided an ID to H in years and several bags, except passport when in airport duty free (and that was never a bag) :smile:

It seems random and weird to ask for an ID months after a purchase, unless they can present a valid reason for it; if they really do match ID + bag, this SA might look to correct a former mistake. Any relevant information should be enough though, why would they need a copy?

They asked for my passport when I bought a Sac a Depeche in Rome, but not when I bought a mini Steve in Paris. Neither are really hard-to-get bags as fas as I know.

It's pretty standard to request I'd at the time of purchase. Few months later is weird. Just ask the SA why they need it. If u are uncomfy then just don't give it to them. Pretty simple

It's pretty standard to request I'd at the time of purchase. Few months later is weird. Just ask the SA why they need it. If u are uncomfy then just don't give it to them. Pretty simple

The reason she said is they need to associate this Birkin to my person. I didn't ear nothing about this before, besides I paid the bag when I picked it up in person, then she didn't ask me nothing about a copy of my ID.

I'm from Spain if it helps.