A MUCHHH needed vent!

miah100

Sep 12, 2011
I have always said that Michael Kors bags are to similar to other brands bags for comfort, but it has reached an all time high. I was walking through the mall today and as I passed the MK store and I did a double take because I could of sworn I saw a Coach bag in the window, MK's new Selma messenger is almost a carbon copy of Coach's mini tanner which was released over a year ago. I don't mind brands taking ideas or getting inspired by other brands design, but this is flat out copying.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1383875817.285316.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1383876057.868503.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1383876057.868503.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,145
Whoa! That is a carbon copy! MK does seem to get his inspirations from many other brands, for instance: by looks, color and shape, the Grayson is a total copy of the Louis Vuitton Speedy. At one time I had the large white Grayson but even though it was an MK I always felt like I was carrying an LV knock off. Plus it was covered in logo's which I'm not really a fan of so I got rid of it. Your discovery is unbelievable though!!

I have always said that Michael Kors bags are to similar to other brands bags for comfort, but it has reached an all time high. I was walking through the mall today and as I passed the MK store and I did a double take because I could of sworn I saw a Coach bag in the window, MK's new Selma messenger is almost a carbon copy of Coach's mini tanner which was released over a year ago. I don't mind brands taking ideas or getting inspired by other brands design, but this is flat out copying.

View attachment 2391774

I have always thought that the MK bags are a Coach ripoff! In one of our malls MK is almost right beside the Coach store and I've done double takes as well, thinking I was walking by Coach when it was MK. One of the reasons I don't buy and don't really care for MK.

View attachment 2391774

Similar but not attractive to me. I love my MT more!

I saw something similar at Macy's this week. I thought Coach had come out with a gorgeous new Candace and it turned out to be a Michael Kors-something. :nono:

Even Coach borrows .. LOL! There is a girl on my bus every morning who has a bag that is the spitting image of the Coach Borough. The thing is, she has been carrying that bag for about a year (IIRC) ;). She always keeps the logo side towards her so I still haven't been able to see who made it :sad:.

I have always thought that the MK bags are a Coach ripoff! In one of our malls MK is almost right beside the Coach store and I've done double takes as well, thinking I was walking by Coach when it was MK. One of the reasons I don't buy and don't really care for MK.

I don't understand how brands this large can get away with such blatant infringements of stolen intellectual property.

On the flip side, isn't there a Coach bag in the spring preview that looks like an LV Alma? :smile: I have a small/medium Selma satchel and never thought it looked like a Coach but I guess it does when I see the comparison pics

I don't understand how brands this large can get away with such blatant infringements of stolen intellectual property.

I don't get it either. I can understand that there will definately be similarities between various brands but to me michael kors is just a blatant ripoff of some of Coach's designs.

On the flip side, isn't there a Coach bag in the spring preview that looks like an LV Alma? :smile: I have a small/medium Selma satchel and never thought it looked like a Coach but I guess it does when I see the comparison pics

Yes, I think I know what bag you are talking about. It's similar to the Alma, but it definitely has its own detailed characteristics that sets it apart. The MK Selma to the mini tanner is dead on the same from shape, size, leather, hardware, shoulder strap and every placement of logo.

Even Coach borrows .. LOL! There is a girl on my bus every morning who has a bag that is the spitting image of the Coach Borough. The thing is, she has been carrying that bag for about a year (IIRC) ;). She always keeps the logo side towards her so I still haven't been able to see who made it :sad:.

Ohhh I bet you it is a Celine bag!!! I think that is where Coach got thier 'inspiration':lol:

That bag is reallyyy similar to the MT, possibly too close for comfort. But at the same time, I do understand that there are only so many shapes and styles that companies can come up with. All brands seem to have a bag that looks like some other brand's bag. I think things like this are going to happen, and I've seen it happen with everything from makeup, bags, clothing, and jewelry to cars. A company see hows well another company's ______________ is selling, and they rush to make sometime similar to cash in while they can. Sometimes they just push the envelope a little too much though, and make something that is *too* similar. I remember back around 2003 when GM sued Jeep over their front grille that GM felt was too similar to their Hummer grille. The lawsuit ended up being dismissed, however.

Last edited: