Aquatalia

claudia09

Dec 28, 2009
Anyone bought their boots? Any opinions? Was thinking of getting a pair as winter boots aka snow/salt/slush... But not sure how they really hold up against the weather!

I've had several pairs of Aquatalias, and they are incredible! Very warm and water/snow/slush repellant. I've walked through 6 inch slush puddles and my feet never got wet or cold.

I apologize if there is already thread like that but I would like to ask about your experiences with Aquatalia boots. There are many pairs on sale in Nordstrom right now, I like some of them but how do they hold up, are they worth the money?
Thank you!

These are my go to boots come bad weather as they are waterproof ( in my case that is) so they keep my feet warm and rain can't go through as well... my hiking and camping boots as well...

Love Aquatalia, they are warm without being overly bulky and very waterproof. They don't look like bad weather footwear, so I wear them all winter. Totally worth the money.

I bought a pair of the 'Sweet' boots from the Rack refurbished for $85...they are hands down my favorite shoes ever. I had no idea about the brand, but I was sold by the deal (82% off!) and they filled my "motorcycle boot" slot. They are EXTREMELY comfortable, I wear them hiking, with dresses, whatever. I wear them almost every day, sometimes all day and through some ridiculous conditions. Waterproof + stylish...they honestly go with almost everything.

They're still in great shape. The leather has only gotten softer and prettier. I highly recommend them.

These are my go to boots come bad weather as they are waterproof ( in my case that is) so they keep my feet warm and rain can't go through as well... my hiking and camping boots as well...

Love Aquatalia, they are warm without being overly bulky and very waterproof. They don't look like bad weather footwear, so I wear them all winter. Totally worth the money.

I bought a pair of the 'Sweet' boots from the Rack refurbished for $85...they are hands down my favorite shoes ever. I had no idea about the brand, but I was sold by the deal (82% off!) and they filled my "motorcycle boot" slot. They are EXTREMELY comfortable, I wear them hiking, with dresses, whatever. I wear them almost every day, sometimes all day and through some ridiculous conditions. Waterproof + stylish...they honestly go with almost everything.

They're still in great shape. The leather has only gotten softer and prettier. I highly recommend them.
Thank you so much for your answers! I have been watching them for some time now but never knew if I should really spend so much, it is so good to know that they are worth the money and will last long.

I am looking for a basic sleek looking boots , not high heels (carrying a toddler alot) , knee high, and I have wide calves, 16 in. Which one would you guys recommend? Alot of boots are too narrow for my calves.

I am looking for a basic sleek looking boots , not high heels (carrying a toddler alot) , knee high, and I have wide calves, 16 in. Which one would you guys recommend? Alot of boots are too narrow for my calves.
I would avoid Aquatalia's knee high boots if you calf is bigger than 14 inches. Besides that they don't make shafts bigger than 14", They run very narrow in the leg, smaller even than what the measurements say they are. I wear normal calf high boots all the time and they were the only ones that gave me a problem. They zipped over my bare leg, but I wanted them for over skinny jeans and there was no way anything else was going in that shaft.

That being said, I own four pairs of their ankle boots and adore them. Great brand.

I own a pair of the "riding" equestrian style boots..I absolutely love them, they are the only boots that fit my 13 inch calf, and they have a flannel like lining, so I only need nylon type socks with them. And in the rain they are the best!!

I love my pair of black knee-highs bought at Nordstrom's anniversary sale last year. They are my go-to boots for terrible weather. I have a 15.5 in calf and they're tight. I have the ones with a stretchy back panel, otherwise I wouldn't fit into them. Also, I got my footbed width in the 'wide' instead of the usual 'medium'. They're Italian made shoes so their sizing is much more narrow. Hope this helps!