Made in where???

Jun 23, 2012
Hi , I have recently bought a Mulberry Prairie ( used) and when it arrived, I found the made in tag inside and it said made in china. On the other side it says "zu".

What does the ' zu' means...and I was surprised that Mulberry was ever made in China......also, becuase of this, I am worried that my purchase was a fake :sad:

I did have it authenticated on here and it was all ok, so that is why I bought it....but my suspicions are creeping in indeed..... what are your thoughts about the China made?

Anyway, I found ****************** and have sent the pics to have my supposed ' Prairie' authenticated for a second opinion....who knows!

Is the prairie tooled? If so they are definitely made in china, I have a tooled bays from china.

I can't remember what the letters mean, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly.

I'm pretty sure I have/had a few Mulberry's with 'made in China' tags, if the lovely ladies on the authentication thread said it was ok I wouldn't worry. Mulberry bags are made in many countries now.

Hi,

If you've any doubts, pop it on the Authentication Thread for the Ladies to check for you.

Mulb' make bags in England, Spain & China so just because it says "China" doesn't make it "fake".

Not totally sure about the letters on the reverse, but, remember seeing somewhere they relate to the year it was made.

xx Holls

Yes it is a tooled prairie. I love it so much and it is so cute, i dont want it to be a fake!

Thanks for the info ;)
All tooled bags are made in China otherwise they are fake so thats a good sign put it on the authentication thread to be ab sure.
Not sure about the initials though. I have had the same on both sides of my the tooled prairie if thats any help.
Mo will def know as she told me this xxxx

just re-read your first post & realised you had already had it authenticated on TPF before purchase - if the Ladies on here said it was Authentic, then, without any doubt, it will be - our Mulb' authenticators will not give a "positive" opinion if they are not totally sure, you can 100% rely on their judgement xx

just re-read your first post & realised you had already had it authenticated on TPF before purchase - if the Ladies on here said it was Authentic, then, without any doubt, it will be - our Mulb' authenticators will not give a "positive" opinion if they are not totally sure, you can 100% rely on their judgement xx

Oh great! I am a lot more relieved to hear that :smile:

I recently purchased another padlock for my Del Ray and the SA looked at the initials on the made in tag and noted them on the order form. When I asked about this she said the code tells them what season the bag was produced in?

^
What I was told about the initials by the SAs on Bond Street as well ^_^