My first Balenciaga - Reveal - City and Mini City

Did you check your receipt, P-B?

I'm pretty sure that the last time I bought something from George V, the code & year of the item were printed on the computerised receipt. Worth a look! I'd still phone them though and ask if they can give you the relevant cards. Even if the bag is a return or has been held in stock for a while, they should still have them. :smile:

I did and i double-checked again. I'm probably gonna go back tomorrow or the day after and check in person. i dont know how they will be able to dig it up if it werent there in the first place though :sad:

So i went back to George V and they gave me the card to another bag instead....like i said before, the first bag was softer and grayer, and felt a bit broken in so i wasn't sure if it was a return (Especially when it doesnt have tags). the SA assured me that it was brand new, but i guess paranoia got the best of me. The newer one Fall 2013 3 is darker in colour, glossier, but the leather is more papery - and i went with that one instead....i really hope i dont end up regretting it.

They had a super smooth and soft Giant 21 bag i saw today too - and i almost got that one, but im really not a big fan of the ginormous hardware on the City...i didnt know this was so hard!

picture.php

First one I returned - softer and lighter in colour, feels broken in and no paper year tag

picture.php

Second one I got - papery, glossier, blacker 2013 f/w

picture.php

Giant 21 - soft soft leather - no year tag

Last edited:
Congrats! Two wonderful purchases. On another note I'm the type that loses paper tags or throws them away since I don't plan on selling my bags and have too much stuff lying around anyway.

Congrats! Two wonderful purchases. On another note I'm the type that loses paper tags or throws them away since I don't plan on selling my bags and have too much stuff lying around anyway.
Honestly when i got my mini city and saw the paper tag i had no idea what it was and just threw it aside with the rest of the tags.

The thing was, I got a bit apprehensive about the condition of the leather of the black city and thats why i started reading up on it - considering the bag came with no tag and no swatches but it was supposedly a 2013 bag, that got me all worried. I'm super happy with the one i have exchanged for now. I don't care about the tags either, but it does give me a piece of mind that the first bag i paid close to 2k for is brand new. :smile:

Your comment about you throwing away tags makes me feel a lot better though. Reading some of the threads made me feel like i need to be extra careful with all the stuff just in case i need the info one day, for whatever reason. I don't plan on selling my bags, but you never know right?

Honestly when i got my mini city and saw the paper tag i had no idea what it was and just threw it aside with the rest of the tags.

The thing was, I got a bit apprehensive about the condition of the leather of the black city and thats why i started reading up on it - considering the bag came with no tag and no swatches but it was supposedly a 2013 bag, that got me all worried. I'm super happy with the one i have exchanged for now. I don't care about the tags either, but it does give me a piece of mind that the first bag i paid close to 2k for is brand new. :smile:

Your comment about you throwing away tags makes me feel a lot better though. Reading some of the threads made me feel like i need to be extra careful with all the stuff just in case i need the info one day, for whatever reason. I don't plan on selling my bags, but you never know right?

True about the bag being brand new :smile: and about never knowing if one needs to sell one day or not. But I'm still too much of a klutz and would lose the tags even if I tried to store them :lol: anyway, glad you're happy with the guaranteed new 2013 bag!

True about the bag being brand new :smile: and about never knowing if one needs to sell one day or not. But I'm still too much of a klutz and would lose the tags even if I tried to store them :lol: anyway, glad you're happy with the guaranteed new 2013 bag!
haha - i didn't realize it was you that was saying you were too lazy about the bottom of the sag. I think we share the same attitude about keeping our bags as new as when they arrived, etc.; except i don't know what i would be like if i had bags like yours! are you more careful with your birkin?

haha - i didn't realize it was you that was saying you were too lazy about the bottom of the sag. I think we share the same attitude about keeping our bags as new as when they arrived, etc.; except i don't know what i would be like if i had bags like yours! are you more careful with your birkin?

I was very careful with my Birkin at the beginning, but I still set all my bags with feet down on the ground (unless they have a saggy bottom, then feet are useless anyway) if it looks halfway clean, dry and non sticky. But I don't baby it more than my Bal, especially since my B is in clemence leather which seems to be more durable than the Bal leather. I do have to watch out with my B more as it's more structured and has a wider and solid (wood...) base, but then again I really can't stand anyone/thing bumping into me and vice versa, no matter what bag I'm wearing so I care for all my bags the same (apart from LV canvas, Prada saffiano and Goyard canvas, I have rain pouring down on it and down care at all as it doesn't affect the material or the contents).