Large Borough as a work bag?

Pulling this out of the long Borough thread so it gets noticed. Hope no one minds the cross post.

Everyone talks about this beautiful bag as a work bag, especially the larger size. But a question - how much can it really hold? Can it take much weight, e.g., a laptop, papers, a pair of shoes? I am wondering how the handles -- short and long alike -- will hold up, i.e., if they are sturdy enough.

Thanks in advance.

Based on how heavy the large Borough was when empty, I'd say it could fit those things (although I would not put shoes in any of my bags) but it would be extremely heavy and cumbersome to carry. And this is coming from me...I carry a lot of heavy items in my purses and every single person who has ever held any one of my purses (Except hubby, he doesn't know any better) has commented on how heavy my bags are!

Based on how heavy the large Borough was when empty, I'd say it could fit those things (although I would not put shoes in any of my bags) but it would be extremely heavy and cumbersome to carry. And this is coming from me...I carry a lot of heavy items in my purses and every single person who has ever held any one of my purses (Except hubby, he doesn't know any better) has commented on how heavy my bags are!
Thanks, karman. What do you use as a work bag?

I bring whatever bag I am using to work...I don't have a designated work bag at all. I have brought Chanel flaps, LV pochettes, MJ Stams to work, right now I am carrying the Coach mixed haircalf Sadie.

If I need my laptop, I just bring my laptop bag home.

I bought the borough bag to use for work ! I ended up returning it as it is huge ! I feel it's more like a travel bag, that is exactly what the SA at the store said too! I take the medium Borough to work ! It serves the purpose and I love the organization!