Home & Garden anyone shopped at Living Spaces?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I'm in So Cal and Living Spaces furniture store just opened. I thought they had some nice stuff. Prices were not the cheapest but not expensive. Quality was hard for me to judge - probably fair, not great - consistent with prices.

One thing that kind of annoyed me - they have a section in the front of the store with supposedly hand-made wood furniture priced a lot higher than items in the rest of the store. It all looks like it was made overseas, somewhere where labor is very cheap.

Has anyone shopped at Living Spaces?

I have purchased a few throw rugs from there. Overall, I have been very satisfied with their quality. I know others who have also purchased from there and have been happy with their purchases.

I have purchased a few throw rugs from there. Overall, I have been very satisfied with their quality. I know others who have also purchased from there and have been happy with their purchases.

I looked at area rugs there. They had some that were pretty nice looking for reasonable price. Maybe not the most durable but for under a coffee table that may not matter much.

I dated this guy who bought a sectional there. Initially, the sofa was nice but after a few months you could tell it wasn't well made.

I was kinda wondering about that. Sometimes it's hard to judge quality. There are certain things I can look for in a sofa - padding on the arms, maybe weight of the piece. But other than that, something can look good and not be best quality. The prices at this store are quite variable. Some of the leather sofas are close to $2,000 - not that cheap. But bedroom furniture seemed mostly very reasonable.

After that few month period, I could hear the wood frame "creak" whenever I would sit or lay on it. In other words, it sounded as if the frame was weakening. It wasn't super loud but I'm not used to my furniture making noises when I sit on it. Also, the fabric began to show wear in the areas where we sat the most. It was that faux suede stuff. Not sure what you're looking for but you may want to consider Macys or JCP as they have quality furniture. Often times they will run a 18 or 24 mo no interest promo. Also, if you dont have a credit card at these stores, if you open one and make your furniture purchase, you get an addl 10% off.

After that few month period, I could hear the wood frame "creak" whenever I would sit or lay on it. In other words, it sounded as if the frame was weakening. It wasn't super loud but I'm not used to my furniture making noises when I sit on it. Also, the fabric began to show wear in the areas where we sat the most. It was that faux suede stuff. Not sure what you're looking for but you may want to consider Macys or JCP as they have quality furniture. Often times they will run a 18 or 24 mo no interest promo. Also, if you dont have a credit card at these stores, if you open one and make your furniture purchase, you get an addl 10% off.

Thanks. I have a large wood piece from Macy's and it's very nice. Got it on sale a few years ago. JC Penney, I think, is a notch down from Macy's but they have some decent looking furniture for reasonable prices. The other place I found that has some nice leather sofas (not reclining) is surprisingly Laz-y Boy. Then there's
Arizona Leather which has a pretty broad range.

I think maybe I'll stay away from Living Spaces.