Neverfull GM as "personal item" when flying?

Yes, I do. Just used it on a trip to LA last week. However, I pack a drawstring dustbag and put my bag in it BEFORE putting it under the seat to keep it clean and scratch free.

I've used it many times as my hand luggage on European flights we are only allowed one piece as hand baggage , I take a tote bag to place on the floor so my neverfull doesn't get dirty. I ❤️ my gm

Thanks for in the info ladies! We're flying United Airlines for the 1st time ever and the website gives certain measurements for the "person item" and my GM is just a bit bigger.

Usually when we fly my handbag is my personal item, but this time I plan on putting my Chanel flap inside my NF along with some other stuff that might not fit in my checked luggage. Do you think I can get away with it?

Thanks for in the info ladies! We're flying United Airlines for the 1st time ever and the website gives certain measurements for the "person item" and my GM is just a bit bigger.

Usually when we fly my handbag is my personal item, but this time I plan on putting my Chanel flap inside my NF along with some other stuff that might not fit in my checked luggage. Do you think I can get away with it?

For sure! I've flown with my NF GM packed as full as can be (sadly, lol) and it fit under the plane seat. Recently, I flew with my Celine Nano packed inside my Goyard St Louis GM (which is almost the size of the NF GM), and it worked well. Have a safe trip!

Definitely! This is exactly what I use my NF GM for... I've even been able to fit 2 Chanel flaps and some other stuff in it, while still being able to fit it under the seat ahead of me. I figure it's a handbag, it's a personal item.

I have the mm, but I've seen many women in airports traveling with the gm as their personal item. The good thing about it is that it is squishy and you can always cinch it a little to make it fit if you need to. But I really don't think you'll have a problem.

Reactions: shurtje
I have the mm, but I've seen many women in airports traveling with the gm as their personal item. The good thing about it is that it is squishy and you can always cinch it a little to make it fit if you need to. But I really don't think you'll have a problem.
Do you travel with your mm as your carry on? I've been debating about which size as well.

For sure! I've flown with my NF GM packed as full as can be (sadly, lol) and it fit under the plane seat. Recently, I flew with my Celine Nano packed inside my Goyard St Louis GM (which is almost the size of the NF GM), and it worked well. Have a safe trip!

Thanks so much for the reassurance! I thought I was crazy for wanting to pack a bag in my bag, but it looks like it's a common occurrence!

Definitely! This is exactly what I use my NF GM for... I've even been able to fit 2 Chanel flaps and some other stuff in it, while still being able to fit it under the seat ahead of me. I figure it's a handbag, it's a personal item.

Ooh nice to know it fits two flaps, cause I'm planning on buying another while I'm on vacation :biggrin:

You should have seen the big fringy purse I carried as my personal item on flight this summer.. It was too much, so much I had a hard time getting it under the seat in front of me.

NEVER AGAIN will I take that on board a plane, at least not economy..