key hook - do you use it?

kcoach

Jul 23, 2013
I'm wondering if you girls use the key hook inside the bags? I'm sorta thinking about cutting mine out, as I know I won't use it and it just kindof gets in the way. Thoughts?

I cut off the black nylon ones inside the red lining. It was just hideous and I never use it.
the older ones that was all leather, I hang outside the bag as a fob

Well, I use mine to keep my flashlight, measuring tape, and lip balm close at hand. I don't think I have ever attached my keys to it. Lol. What a novel idea :biggrin:

:roflmfao:

I always use the key leash and I can't stand a purse that doesn't have one. (Coach bags annoy me, haha.)

Same here! I'm sorry Coach stopped putting the key ring in their bags. I always attached my keys to the ring.

I attach mine to my wallet as an extra security. That way if I don't zip my bag (I'm bad about that) nobody can just reach in and grab it lol

I do the same thing when I'm traveling or shopping. I use a smaller wallet with a ring on it. My avatar bag is a snap top and I hook a smaller wallet to the leash, when I'm shopping or traveling.

I do use mine for my keys....and don't like bags without leashes!
I'm also still lobbying D&B to bring back the leather leashes. ;)

Sue

Me too Sue! I use the nylon leash because I have no choice. It's better than nothing since I really use a leash. But I still miss the leather leashes. I dangled 3 sets of keys from the leather leashes every morning going in my job and I never had the an issue with the leather pulling or tearing like they claimed. MKors has the leather leashes and I've had no problem with them either.

It's so interesting to read about how everyone uses the leashes (or not). I have never liked them or used them in a bag. When they're short, I just leave them in there, but this one is sooooo long! I think I'm going to cut it out (but I'm going to think about it for another few days). If it was leather, I'd probably leave it in there.

I would never cut it out. I have a car that you don't need keys for when you walk up it opens because of the key fob and I attach that to the strap. I will attach my phone case or a valet key and I like the flashlight idea so I can see in my purse. I am amazed that when you get your items in your bag you even notice it is there.

I am over the no leather. I would rather have nylon than nothing. Thank you Coach.

:roflmfao:

Same here! I'm sorry Coach stopped putting the key ring in their bags. I always attached my keys to the ring.

I do the same thing when I'm traveling or shopping. I use a smaller wallet with a ring on it. My avatar bag is a snap top and I hook a smaller wallet to the leash, when I'm shopping or traveling.

Me too Sue! I use the nylon leash because I have no choice. It's better than nothing since I really use a leash. But I still miss the leather leashes. I dangled 3 sets of keys from the leather leashes every morning going in my job and I never had the an issue with the leather pulling or tearing like they claimed. MKors has the leather leashes and I've had no problem with them either.

I agree, I've never had an issue with the leather key leash. It ticked me off when they went to nylon and tried to sell us on the ridiculous reason!!!

But I do use it to clip my keys too. I don't like bags without it either