MJ Chat Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning!

I need some input. I'm looking for an everyday workhorse - roomy, comfy to carry - that I can use for work, weekend errands/shopping, travel, etc. I am currently torn between a Stella and a Francesca. "Both" is not currently an option. :smile: There's a wine Stella on the 'bay, as well as a gray Francesca I'm eyeing. Thoughts?

Good morning!

I need some input. I'm looking for an everyday workhorse - roomy, comfy to carry - that I can use for work, weekend errands/shopping, travel, etc. I am currently torn between a Stella and a Francesca. "Both" is not currently an option. :smile: There's a wine Stella on the 'bay, as well as a gray Francesca I'm eyeing. Thoughts?

I vote the Fran ! I use mine for school it's def a workhorse

Did that start already? What's excluded?!

There's a big ol' laundry list of exclusions. :rolleyes: It started today - code is FRNFAM.

Here's the list of exclusions:

**Designer Exclusions: 3.1 Phillip Lim, A Detacher, Acne apparel and shoes, Adam Lippes, Akris, A.L.C. apparel, Alberta Ferretti, Alexander Lewis, Alexander McQueen women's and men's apparel, shoes and handbags, Alexander Wang apparel, shoes and handbags, Alexandre Birman, Alezandre Vauthier, Altuzarra, Amelia Toro, American Designer special orders, AMI, Ann Demeulemeester apparel and shoes, Antonio Berardi, Antonio Marras, Anya Hindmarch handbags, Aquilano Rimondi, Azzedine Alaia, Balenciaga shoes and handbags, Band of Outsiders, Belstaff shoes and men's, Blumarine, Bogner, Bose, men's and women's Bottega Veneta apparel, shoes and handbags, Boy. by Band of Outsiders, Brian Atwood, Bridal Sample Sale, Brioni, Brunello Cucinelli, Bugaboo, Butler's Men's Grooming Salon, Bvlgari, Cacharel, Canada Goose, Carolina Herrera, Cartier, Carven, Celine, Chado Ralph Rucci, CHANEL, Charbonnel et Walker, Charvet, Chloe Handbags, Chopard, Christian Cota, Christian Louboutin, Christian Wunants, Christophe LeMaire, Christopher Kane, Church's shoes, Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons, Comme des Garcons men's, apparel, shoes and handbags, Comme des Garcons Play apparel, Costume Nationale, Courreges, Couture Collections special orders, Creatures of the Wind, Cushnie et Ochs, David Yurman, Derek Lam, Designer special orders, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan shoes, Dries Van Noten apparel and shoes, Drome, DSquared, Dylan's Candy Bar, Edmundo Castillo shoes, Elie Saab, Elisanero shoes, Emilio Pucci, Emporio Armani, Erdem, Escada special orders, Etro, Evening Designer special orders, Fay, Fendi, Gareth Pugh, Georgina Goodman, Giambattista Valli shoes, Giorgio Armani, girl. by Band of Outsiders, Giuseppe Zanotti Shoes, Givenchy men's, shoes and handbags, Graff, Gucci, Guiseppe Zanotti men's, H. Stern, Haider Ackermann apparel and shoes, Hatt, Hermes, Honor, Isaia, Issey Miyake apparel, J Mendel, Jason Wu, Jay Strongwater furniture, Jerome C Rousseau, Jerome Dreyfuss, Jet Set, Jil Sander, Jimmy Choo shoes and handbags, John Allan Men's Grooming Salon, Junya Wantanabe, JW Anderson, Karolina Zmarlack, Katherine Kwei, Kaufman Franco apparel, Kenzo, Kiton, Konstantino, Lanvin, Les Copains, Libertine, Lila Castellaneta, Loewe handbags, Lorena Sarbu, Loro Piana, Louis Vuitton, MacKenzie Childs, Maclaren, Maison Martin Margiela, Manolo Blahnik, Mantu, Marc Jacobs apparel and shoes, Marchesa Couture, Maria La Rosa, Marios Schwab, Marni, Marsell shoes, Martin Grant, Mary Kantrantzou, Mason by Michelle Mason, Max Kibardin, MCM handbags, Michael Bastian, Miu Miu shoes, handbags and accessories, Moncler, Mont Blanc, Moschino shoes and handbags, Mrs. John L. Strong Stationary, Narcisco Rodriguez, Neil Barrett, Nicholas Kirkwood, Nina Ricci, Norman Ambrose, Ohne Titel, Opening Ceremony apparel and shoes, Oscar de la Renta apparel, shoes and special orders, Ostwald, Paul Andrew, Paul Smith, Penfield, Peserico, Peter Pilotto, Pierre Hardy shoes, Pollini, Polo Black Label Denim, Pomelatto, Prabal Gurung, Prada, Premier Salons, Proenza Schouler apparel and shoes, Rafael Cennamo, Ralph Lauren Black Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Consignment, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren watches, Reed Krakoff, Rene Caovilla, Richard Nicoll, Rick Owens, Rick Owens Dark Shadow, Rick Owens Lillies, Ritmo Mvndo watches, Robert Clergerie, Roberto Cavalli, Rochas, Roger Vivier, Rupert Sanderson, Sacai, Sacai Luck, Saddler's Union handbags, Saint Laurent, See by Chloe apparel, Sergio Rossi shoes, Shamask, Special Art, Stella McCartney, Suno, Sydney Evan, T by Alexander Wang, Tabitha Simmons shoes, Tess Giberson, Thakoon, Thakoon Addition, The Fur Salon, The Row apparel and handbags, Thomas Taitt, Tivoli, Tod's, Toy Watch, Ugg Australia, Valentino, Vera Wang, Veronica Beard, Versace handbags, Viktor & Rolf, Vionnet apparel and shoes, Wes Gordon, Yiquing Yin, Yohji Yamamoto, Zegna, Zenith Watches, Zero + Maria Cornejo. Designer exclusions may differ in stores and online.

May scrap both ideas and pick up the Too Hot to Handle Tote in Faded Aluminum...I need a darker gray bag and like that it's a zip top.

I haven't tried that one out but if your looking for that type of tote it could work. The only thing I don't like is that they are not structured so they puddle when there's not enough in them (most mbmj). Which is fine usually but for a work bag I like structure.

I haven't tried that one out but if your looking for that type of tote it could work. The only thing I don't like is that they are not structured so they puddle when there's not enough in them (most mbmj). Which is fine usually but for a work bag I like structure.

Yeah - I'm still torn. That lack of structure works great with Francesca, but I'm not sure about the THTH Tote...may irk me over time when it gets all saggy on the bottom. LOL. I may just hold off on getting any bags right now...can't let the temptation of 25% off get the better of me!

That said, I totally think I'm going to get the blue MbMJ owl flats. Too cute :P

and that exclusion list is why i don't even bother waiting for these sales. it would be shorter to list what *is* included, wouldn't it?

i guess this is how people find good instore deals, but i don't know how you guys have the patience to sort through everything. takes more than i have lol

i love this but wish it was calf hair so it would match the ladybug bag
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374306418049&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446639742&R=887710201329&P_name=Marc+Jacobs&N=4294912155+306418049&bmUID=k6_IwXJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.