What SUV/crossover for a mom of 1

trustlove

May 17, 2010
GLK 250 Bluetec 2014
2013 Land Rover (LR4)
Range Rover Evoque
BMW I3
BMW X1

Im trying to decide between these 5 suvs/crossovers. I am a mother of a toddler and have a pretty busy schedule (full time grad student). I need a durable and reliable suv/crossover that can fit all my sons things (stroller, etc) and can be used for family vacations as well. We are a pretty eco-friendly family so I would love something that has the least effect on the earth, one of the reasons I love the BMW I3. I currently drive an E series Benz and have only owned Mercedes in the past.

I just took my 335 in for service and bmw lent me the x1 xdrive35i as a loaner and it's incredible. It handles really well, pretty spacious and has great power and I'm getting 21.5 mpgs and that's with the bigger engine. I'm sure the xdrive28 will be more efficient. It feels like a sedan with more clearance and it feels much more stable than my 335 sedan and my boyfriends 135. It's one of the best vehicle I ever driven! You should really test drive one!! You won't be disappointed. The x1 will definitely be my next purchase

Do you plan to have more kids? We bought a Mercedes wagon and we thought we would only be having one kid and we ended up having two. The Mercedes was too small at that point.

LRs and RRs have horrible gas mileage and also have the worst reputation for always breaking down.

If you're looking for eco-friendly, the I3 is the better choice, or other hybrid SUVs/crossovers.

Pink: I really love the look of the x1, I'm glad to hear the drive matches its beauty.
Limom: do you know the make and model of that car.
Allisonfaye: I might have one more little one in the future.

That's a Tesla Model X that limom posted. It sound exactly like what you're looking for.
Especially since you guys are an eco-friendly family.
Seating for seven adults and not one but two "trunks".
One in the front (where the engine should be), and one in the rear.
Gas mileage, shmash mileage. Who needs oil, baby? Plug that sucker in and let 'er rip.
They're only like $80K and think of all the money you'll save in gas over the next ten years.