Home & Garden Garden Photographs to Share.....

LOL It was such a long time since I was here :smile:

^your garden is spectacular! of course my favorites are the peonies :love:

Oh how I wish I had a place for peonies...they are soooooo pretty!! Great flower garden!

Thanks ladies! Peonies are my favorite too. I hope I will get more flowers next year.

and here is one of my garden friends in all his splendor...
iphone5 photo, no filter.

This is such a pretty shot! Love all those garden friends, I can sit and look at them the whole time lol

While deadening the hydrangeas, I came upon a visitor....

That looks beautiful!

LOL It was such a long time since I was here :smile:

Thanks ladies! Peonies are my favorite too. I hope I will get more flowers next year.

This is such a pretty shot! Love all those garden friends, I can sit and look at them the whole time lol

That looks beautiful!
Thanks. I do love hydrangeas. We planted them two years ago and the yield is unbelievable.
Of course, it attracts many lnsects among which Praying Mantises who love to feast on spiders.
Your peonies are magnificent. Are they scented?

Thanks. I do love hydrangeas. We planted them two years ago and the yield is unbelievable.
Of course, it attracts many lnsects among which Praying Mantises who love to feast on spiders.
Your peonies are magnificent. Are they scented?

Thank you! There's a light smell on them, peony smell lol

I do have a number of hydrangeas in my garden, 1 is same as you posted above. I planted it this summer so it's a small one. I like hydrangeas bc you will enjoy the flowers from the early summer through the autumn. They're great cut flowers as well.

Thank you! There's a light smell on them, peony smell lol

I do have a number of hydrangeas in my garden, 1 is same as you posted above. I planted it this summer so it's a small one. I like hydrangeas bc you will enjoy the flowers from the early summer through the autumn. They're great cut flowers as well.

Those white hydrangeas are great.
I did not even put any fertilizers/manure at all.
Even better than blushing brides.

I think I didn't post these yet. The last flowering plants during summer.

African Lelies:heart: I got 2 but only one survived.

Lucifera

And my last visitor before the summer ends in August :P

Those white hydrangeas are great.
I did not even put any fertilizers/manure at all.
Even better than blushing brides.

Hydrangeas are very easy plants. They don't need a lot of caring at all that's why I love them. I'm desperate to have a blue one but most of the time they will get the pink flower color the following year. I must put some kind of stuff in the soil on time so they will get the blue color lol And I always forget about that. Anyways, my garden have lots of blue, pink, and purple colors. I must get other colors lol But I always bring home purple, pink and blue colored ones ack!

While deadening the hydrangeas, I came upon a visitor....
^your praying mantis neighbor is cute! I absolutely LOOOOOVE your hydrangeas. I love the pink/green combo...very natural looking.

I think I didn't post these yet. The last flowering plants during summer.

African Lelies:heart: I got 2 but only one survived.

Lucifera

And my last visitor before the summer ends in August :P
^you had beautiful & exotic flowers in your garden this summer! how is your garden holding up now? have you had any snow yet?

I took a picture of this bufo toad about a week or so ago when we were having lots of rain. he's bigger than my outstretched hand.

although he looks cute in that pic, they're a menace (they're a feral species here)...especially to dogs. luckily my dogs don't seem to have a huge interest in these toads.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufo
http://www.wec.ufl.edu/extension/wildlife_info/frogstoads/bufo_marinus.php
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2013/sep/27/florida-pet-owners-told-beware-bufo-toad-activity/

I can't believe all the stuff in bloom this late in the year Wildflowers everywhere, plus my roses and a few other plants.

All while the leaves are turning and falling. I can't figure out what kind of winter to expect.

I can't believe all the stuff in bloom this late in the year Wildflowers everywhere, plus my roses and a few other plants.

All while the leaves are turning and falling. I can't figure out what kind of winter to expect.

Please post your pictures of your roses when you get a chance.
I just picked up two bushes.
Yellow super fragrant and a red super hardy bush.
What do you grow?

They were in the shade when I went out to look. I'll try to remember in the morning when the sun is on them.

There's an orange/peach I think is called Peace. The other two I don't know the name of; a yellow one and a smaller tea-type rose that's a sort of crimson red.

Shot this morning.

Hibiscus is still in bloom too. May have to bring that inside next week.

Attachments

• Oct13-1.jpg
    Oct13-1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Oct13-2.jpg
    Oct13-2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Oct13-4.jpg
    Oct13-4.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Oct13-3.jpg
    Oct13-3.jpg