music and lyrics

seahorseinstripes

bag greed bug
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
who's loving this?
i think it's a very funny movie, well, typical romantic comedy but i swore i LAUGH the first few seconds already when they show the "music video" from POP in the 80s!

I watched it with a gf. Honestly, we didn't have a high expectation, so we were pleasantly surprised that we both ended up loving it. Loved the song the Hugh Grant character wrote for the Drew Barrymore character :heart:

I watched it with a gf. Honestly, we didn't have a high expectation, so we were pleasantly surprised that we both ended up loving it. Loved the song the Hugh Grant character wrote for the Drew Barrymore character :heart:

aaaw, yeah, love the song too :love:

but i admit that song "pop, goes my heart" stucks in my head ever since i watched the trailer! :roflmfao:
and also the music video, sooo funny

it contained lots of laughs!
i loved:

drew barrymore: "wow, that was really sensitive, especially from a guy who wears hot pants!"
hugh grant: "well....... it squeezes all the blood to my heart!"

or something along those lines ;)

heehee... that line makes me laugh!!

It's the kind of sweet yet super dorky thing that just completely gets me.. I'd be like putty. One of those lines that you can't help but fall for!

LOVE this movie.. I am anxiously awaiting for it to come out on DVD!!!

I loved this movie. I'm so cheesy. I've got the soundtrack.

Cora: I'll show you the roof. It's upstairs.

Hugh Grant: [Hails taxi] She's going to have a baby!
Drew Barrymore: [Taxi continues driving away] Hey! What if it were true?

not for me though

a few of my girl friends were speaking so highly of it.. so, i was pretty excited when i watched it.. i thought it was really dull and draggy..usually i love these kinda movies though

I'm like you guys, I didn't expect much going in & ended up really liking it. "Pop goes my heart" is so catchy.

It comes out on DVD on May 8th. I'm going to have to buy it!

I was abit disappointed to be honest. I truly think Hugh Grant only comes alive in Richard Curtis movies.

It was ok, and I loved the pop video intro and ending, but that was the best bit. There just wasnt any chemistry between drew and hugh (although I thought she was rocking her skinny scarf look nicely ;))

I love that movie!!! I like Hugh grant a lot. I found it really funny...my favorite line is that one line that goes like "Can you sing a bit louder? This song is intended for humans." or something like that.

I thought it was cute - not one of my favorite movies but it was definitley cute and Hugh Grant was charming.

I really like the music in it....so much that I even put it on my iPod LOL.

Very cute movie. Didn't go in expecting too much, but I agree the POP video at the beginning was absolutely hilarious. OK I thought it was a little farfetched that a plant caretaker is suddenly a songwriter but I just love Drew and Hugh!!