Speedy B and Alma owners

mjms505

Jul 8, 2013
Was wondering where you keep your lock, do you leave it on your zipper pull, move it or take it off? And if you keep on zipper is it too heavy or caused problems with zipper? Thanks for any imput, like the looks of it on zipper but don't want to damage anything...what should I do?

I keep the lock on the zip on my alma. It doesn't damage anything. That's the way it was designed to be. If you think it adds weight, then just remove it and keep it at home. I put my lock on the leather tab for my speedy. These are the places the locks are suppose to be. :smile:

I keep my Alma lock and key bell in the dust-bag. I didn't like the way it hung on my bag and I leave the lock off because I think this makes the zipper sag. If you look at pre-loved ones on ebay etc most of them seem to sag in the middle between the handles. I am thinking this might be due to the weight of the lock sitting there.:thinking:

I am keeping the lock on the zipper on my Speedy B. It was designed to keep it there- but when my bag was new, I was scared it will damage the zipp , but is absolutely fine.

For me, part of the charm of the Alma and Speedy B is the double zipper with the lock hanging on the zipper pull. So, I wear them like that but I remove the locks when I store them😊

I keep the lock on the zipper of my speedy B...But I do not keep the zippers in the middle of the bag, I put them on one end and it's easier to open that way too. I can't be bothered with opening two zippers all the time!!!