Evelyn help!

CathyQ

Apr 28, 2011
Hi ladies, I have been drawn to the Evelyn lately. I think it is so chic, effortless and low key - perfect for everyday use. Now it comes down to colour choices.
I have a gold togo GHW kelly and I've always wanted an evelyn strap to use it as cross body but my boutique has quoted me $10** to special order an evelyn strap in GHW gold clemence.
So I thought I might as well just buy a whole evelyn bag rather than the strap. but I was told that H no longer makes Evelyns with GHW.
Do you think that it would still work if I get a gold PHW evelyn and use the strap on my kelly? or should I just forget about the strap thing and buy an Evelyn with my preferred colour choice?
Note: I would still go for a neutral colour if I don't have to match the strap. It'll probably be a choice between gold, etoupe or some kind of dark blue.
oh god, I'm so torn, as I'm a tanned (not very dark) asian and I see a lot of people say that etoupe washes them out, I suspect that it would be the same on me as gold colour complements my skin tone very well. but wouldn't it be nice to have a different coloured bag?
I'm sure you stylish and smart ladies would light my way and come up with some great ideas so here I am! :P TIA!

Hi CathyQ. If it was me, I'd get the Evelyn in another colour. Hermes has tons of gorgeous colour, so for me, it'll be a bit of a shame to get another bag in the same colour as your Kelly only because of the strap. What I also do sometimes is mix and match 1 Kelly with other Kelly strap in different colour. Gold will match a lot of other colour IMO. So go ahead and choose the Evelyn that makes your heart beats faster! :biggrin:
If you still want the canvas strap for your Kelly, you still can order it at a later time anyway.
Good luck!

Hi CathyQ. If it was me, I'd get the Evelyn in another colour. Hermes has tons of gorgeous colour, so for me, it'll be a bit of a shame to get another bag in the same colour as your Kelly only because of the strap. What I also do sometimes is mix and match 1 Kelly with other Kelly strap in different colour. Gold will match a lot of other colour IMO. So go ahead and choose the Evelyn that makes your heart beats faster! :biggrin:
If you still want the canvas strap for your Kelly, you still can order it at a later time anyway.
Good luck!

Thank you! but as I have mentioned, gold is one of my preferred colours and that's why I'm torn, not just because of the strap. I love the look of the neutral coloured evelyns. any suggestions for colours?

Hi,
I would get another color entirely.
Blue Izmir is a wonderful color. I am Asian as well & that color gives a little pop but yet can be neutral IMHO (I did tried one on & it's beautiful). Good luck.

you can extend your kelly strap with a breloque charm or twilly.

get another evelyne. i have a gold kelly too and an etoupe lindy. i'm asian too and not that dark. etoupe doesn't wash me out if i wear colors other light or medium dark gray. etoupe looks fab with brights, navy and black and white.

i've been forever searching for a navy bag but to no avail. now i know, i've been buying in the wrong seasons (i usually buy in spring when out vaca falls). I hope i can find a nice navy this fall. no H store where i live.

Thank you! but as I have mentioned, gold is one of my preferred colours and that's why I'm torn, not just because of the strap. I love the look of the neutral coloured evelyns. any suggestions for colours?

Personally I do like Etoupe very much, but if you can, try to go to the store and try the colour on you to see if it complements you. It doesn't have to be in a bag, can be in any form. Other than Etoupe, dark grey like Graphite or lighter grey in Etain, the newer navy colour like Blue Obscure, Blue Sapphire. Or what about dark brown like Ebene? Or darker red like Rouge H ? The choice is endless! lol

you can extend your kelly strap with a breloque charm or twilly.

get another evelyne. i have a gold kelly too and an etoupe lindy. i'm asian too and not that dark. etoupe doesn't wash me out if i wear colors other light or medium dark gray. etoupe looks fab with brights, navy and black and white.

i've been forever searching for a navy bag but to no avail. now i know, i've been buying in the wrong seasons (i usually buy in spring when out vaca falls). I hope i can find a nice navy this fall. no H store where i live.

Thanks! I'm leaning to navy as well. But I've never seen one before, hope I can find it... It's summer over here though. should I wait till fall or look now as it is fall for the rest of the world? :what:

Personally I do like Etoupe very much, but if you can, try to go to the store and try the colour on you to see if it complements you. It doesn't have to be in a bag, can be in any form. Other than Etoupe, dark grey like Graphite or lighter grey in Etain, the newer navy colour like Blue Obscure, Blue Sapphire. Or what about dark brown like Ebene? Or darker red like Rouge H ? The choice is endless! lol

oh thank you for the suggestions! I want an etoupe lindy too! so maybe I should look for a navy or burgundy evelyne. :biggrin:

Thanks! I'm leaning to navy as well. But I've never seen one before, hope I can find it... It's summer over here though. should I wait till fall or look now as it is fall for the rest of the world? :what:

i'm sorry but i have no idea. i'm assuming you're in Oz? you'd have to ask your local store how they'll release colors.

i have a prune (burgundy) evelyne from 2009 and it's versatile as well. I don't know if they still make it in prune though.

I'm told that you can still order straps but that you will likely never receive it. The craftspeople are supposedly so busy that they are no longer taking the time make straps for clients.

i'm sorry but i have no idea. i'm assuming you're in Oz? you'd have to ask your local store how they'll release colors.

i have a prune (burgundy) evelyne from 2009 and it's versatile as well. I don't know if they still make it in prune though.

yes, I live where H is more expensive but less stock. :sad:

I'm told that you can still order straps but that you will likely never receive it. The craftspeople are supposedly so busy that they are no longer taking the time make straps for clients.

my sa said that if I'd like to order the strap, they'll take a full payment off me when placing the order. So I guess that they'll make it because it's paid for?

my sa said that if I'd like to order the strap, they'll take a full payment off me when placing the order. So I guess that they'll make it because it's paid for?

Who knows. My store manager will no longer even take the orders. He said other stores were still taking orders but that Paris said the straps would no longer be made.

So it's anyone's guess.