Baggage Claim

Her younger sister's wedding fast approaching, single flight attendant Montana Moore (Paula Patton) racks up thousands of air miles in an attempt to find Mr. Right, and hopefully get engaged before the wedding bells chime.

Director: David E. Talbert
Cast: Paula Patton, Derek Luke, Taye Diggs, Jill Scott, Boris Kodjoe, Tia Mowry, Djimon Hounsou, Adam Brody, Trey Songz, Lala Anthony

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/baggageclaim/?gclid=CMDPn_ap-LkCFUVk7Aodc08AUA

d97a3ad6c1b09e180027-5c35be6f174b10f62347680d094e609a.r46.cf2.rackcdn.com/banner-baggage-claim-film_now.jpg

I saw this and reminded me a lot of "What's Your Number", the movie with Anna Faris. At least some of the scenes did with the ex bf that's trying to be a Senator.

I saw this over the weekend. It was okay Paula Patton has relatively few dimensions as an actress IMO. Still, this is a very standart rom-com but still fun.

I thought this movie was awesome! Aside from the eye candy, I enjoyed the acting and the script. Paula Patton seem like a natural RomCom Starlet. She is charming, beautiful, slightly awkward and relatable. She is "that friend" who everyone knows.

The cast make the movie funny!

I saw this and reminded me a lot of "What's Your Number", the movie with Anna Faris. At least some of the scenes did with the ex bf that's trying to be a Senator.
Yes, that was similar, too funny!

I saw this over the weekend. It was okay Paula Patton has relatively few dimensions as an actress IMO. Still, this is a very standart rom-com but still fun.

They could have advertised it more. She lit up the screen.

it was okay. i didn't think Paula was a good actress in this. maybe ROM COM is not her thing? her male gay friend made the movie! he was funny!

He was hilarious!

Hmm, I gotta say her supporting cast outshone her, IMO. I was distracted by how (for lack of a better word, please forgive me Lord, cos I know acting ain't easy) 'bad' she was. I didn't have the same reaction when I watched her in MI: Ghost Protocol.

I'm going to chalk it up to the director(s). And, maybe the fact that rom coms are far from my fave genre (and possibly hers).

That being said, I truly enjoyed Jill Scott's over the top character. I think the gay dude could have been a bit over the top too, but they chose to keep him 'contained' and that was fine. That last scene in the movie though? Wooooo....

Overall, not a bad movie. I wouldn't watch it again, but if someone wanted a movie that will make you laugh, cringe and root for the heroine (albeit a predictable heroine with predictable events around her), then this is one to watch.

And now, I have got to get off tPF and finish my writing. Gotta watch Scandal before bedtime...