Hermes birkin 30 Epsom rouge C.

loveparadox83

May 15, 2013
Hi

I just collected my B30 rouge cassaque epsom.
After observing the bag closely, I noticed the front bag has got two lines across each side.

I don't like the lines appearing on the bag. Is this normal on epsom leather? Because I don't see it on Clemence and Togo. How can I get rid of it? More stuffing?

Need advice on this. Please help

Thank you!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1381150475.938516.jpg

Can't get rid of it! My top pet peeve about epsom...but no choice if you want certain colors!

But hey if you figure out a way, please come back and post. I would love to fix my epsom bags too!

Can't get rid of it! My top pet peeve about epsom...but no choice if you want certain colors!

But hey if you figure out a way, please come back and post. I would love to fix my epsom bags too!

Hi purselover888, is it because of epsom leather, probably it's more stiff, that's why the bag has two lines? Coz I tried to stuff a lot of cushion inside it overnight and I noticed it became more obvious. Probably over stuffing?

Let me try to 'massage' the leather and see if it goes away.

Thank u!

Hi

I just collected my B30 rouge cassaque epsom.
After observing the bag closely, I noticed the front bag has got two lines across each side.

I don't like the lines appearing on the bag. Is this normal on epsom leather? Because I don't see it on Clemence and Togo. How can I get rid of it? More stuffing?

Need advice on this. Please help

Thank you!

View attachment 2358442
I would say, based on where the lines are, that it's the result of overstuffing. However, my Epsom bag has lines, crinkling on the sides, etc after only 2 months of use. I notice that it doesn't get the pulling effect underneath the handles that togo and clemence get but this leather does have it's woes.

Hi purselover888, is it because of epsom leather, probably it's more stiff, that's why the bag has two lines? Coz I tried to stuff a lot of cushion inside it overnight and I noticed it became more obvious. Probably over stuffing?

Let me try to 'massage' the leather and see if it goes away.

Thank u!

I also think it's due to over stuffing. My suggestion would be to take all stuffing out of the bag. Belt it up with the straps so the top is pulled in. Then lay the bag on its back (the front with turn key facing upwards) and let it sit for a few days. It may work but it could take some time as epsom is not as supple as Togo or Clemance.

I also think it's due to over stuffing. My suggestion would be to take all stuffing out of the bag. Belt it up with the straps so the top is pulled in. Then lay the bag on its back (the front with turn key facing upwards) and let it sit for a few days. It may work but it could take some time as epsom is not as supple as Togo or Clemance.

Thank you for your advice. I really suspect it's over stuffing... :sad:
I have taken out the stuffing and belt them up.
Thank tou very much! :smile:

I would say, based on where the lines are, that it's the result of overstuffing. However, my Epsom bag has lines, crinkling on the sides, etc after only 2 months of use. I notice that it doesn't get the pulling effect underneath the handles that togo and clemence get but this leather does have it's woes.

Thanks GenieBottle. I already removed the stuffing. Hope the line will go away. My poor bag~~

Such a beautiful color and I love the size too! Congrats on your new Birkin. Enjoy.

P.s. I didn't even notice the lines until you pointed them out. I have an Epsom bag and it has that sort of thing down further toward the bottom only on one side. Not sure what causes this but it doesn't bother me bc I love the structure of Epsom so much and don't expect my bags to stay perfect.

My epsom bag has something similar, on the back, near the bottom. I'm not sure what it is or what causes it but I just figured it's the nature of the leather. It doesn't bother be much as the pros outweigh that con. Enjoy your bag!

I wouldn't have even noticed this if you didn't say something.

My epsom bag has something similar, on the back, near the bottom. I'm not sure what it is or what causes it but I just figured it's the nature of the leather. It doesn't bother be much as the pros outweigh that con. Enjoy your bag!

My back of the bag has this problem too.
The seller told me epsom does create 'creases', and it's inevitable. I don't see such problem with Togo. I don't really like the lines/ creases especially my bag is so new..

That's why I tried to stuff the bag, ended up with over-stuffing and causes more obvious lines to the front. :sad:

Yeah, I hope the line just go away in no time.

Thank you!

Sure, will enjoy my bag.
Thank you for sharing your view. Appreciate it! :smile:

I have noticed a strange development on my togo Birkin and realized it was the pen I kept in the pocket. I now put nothing in pockets except paper/notes and things and problem went away. I realize this may not be your specific issue but good to know nonetheless. Good luck

I have noticed a strange development on my togo Birkin and realized it was the pen I kept in the pocket. I now put nothing in pockets except paper/notes and things and problem went away. I realize this may not be your specific issue but good to know nonetheless. Good luck

Thanks for sharing, will try not to put any objects inside the bag that can cause lines on the leather...
:smile: