Non-H Shoulder Strap Success

ahhgoo

Shopaholic
O.G.
Oct 30, 2010
I recently bought a pre-loved Bolide but it did not come with a shoulder strap. Since I'm more of a shoulder carry person, I've been looking at solutions to this dilemma. If what I'm reading is correct, hermes straps are hard to come by, takes months if not years and provided that they will even consider accepting strap orders. So what's a girl gonna do to get a strap?

I searched the web for custom strap solutions and found one that I like. Was able to choose the color of leather, stitching, length and buckle. Very happy with the results - let me know what you think? Would you ever go for non-H strap to match your bags? Also, please do share your stories on strap solutions.

D348AB10-3861-44A0-95C4-1F99EAE7B643-237-0000002552C7F460_zps71d0fab9.jpg

I have this chamonix rouge H Bolide, and I think you did very will with your strap! The color looks perfect and the white stitching is a great match! Congrats! Would you mind sharing where you did this?

I have used the black canvas strap from my TPM Garden Party on my black 28 togo retourne Kelly. It works perfectly for cross body.

I have this chamonix rouge H Bolide, and I think you did very will with your strap! The color looks perfect and the white stitching is a great match! Congrats! Would you mind sharing where you did this?

I have used the black canvas strap from my TPM Garden Party on my black 28 togo retourne Kelly. It works perfectly for cross body.

I got this strap from www.mautto.com Very nicely done, well wrapped and packaged when I received it. Turn around time for custom order is also pretty fast. Leather is good quality from what I can feel/smell :P

I think this was very inventive and a great solution to your shoulder strap problem! I will keep this site in mind just in case I ever need it! The strap looks awesome-can't believe you were able to get such a great color match and with the contrast stitching! Wonderful! It always amazes me how inventive H ladies can be :smile:

I recently bought a pre-loved Bolide but it did not come with a shoulder strap. Since I'm more of a shoulder carry person, I've been looking at solutions to this dilemma. If what I'm reading is correct, hermes straps are hard to come by, takes months if not years and provided that they will even consider accepting strap orders. So what's a girl gonna do to get a strap?

I searched the web for custom strap solutions and found one that I like. Was able to choose the color of leather, stitching, length and buckle. Very happy with the results - let me know what you think? Would you ever go for non-H strap to match your bags? Also, please do share your stories on strap solutions.

That is perfect!!! Good to know !

Wow this looks great! I might look for custom made canvas straps for my Kelly!

Let me know if you find a good site for canvas straps :smile: Also looking for that too for a different look. I think there might be some on eBay if I recall but not a lot of color choices other than white, black or brown.

Let me know if you find a good site for canvas straps :smile: Also looking for that too for a different look. I think there might be some on eBay if I recall but not a lot of color choices other than white, black or brown.

Yes! I definitely will! :smile: Sometimes when the going gets tough, I do wish that the leather straps would magically morph into the more comfy canvas ones... the thinner leather straps do dig into to the shoulders once you lug around too many things. But it is such an elegant look..... :love:

Wow! You did an amazing job matching the color. It looks wonderful.