The bbag that got away: which bags did you almost buy but didn't?

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
So the thread about Sellers Remorse got me to thinking about The One That Got Awaay :sweatdrop:

Which bbag did you almost buy, got sniped out from under you, or that you just couldn't quite reconcile buying and now regret not having that bag??

I let a gorgeous Rouille Work slip through my fingers last Christmas. I had overspent on my family (and myself) and just couldn't quite live without the funds at that moment. Another sweet PFer bought her but I lost out by waiting too long.

I soooo wish I had that bag :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Right before I was getting into bbags and knew enough about them, I stumbled across an '04 Lilac City in almost new condition for only $500!! :wtf:
I went home to do some research b/c I had no idea how much bbags sold for. The next morning it was gone. :sad:

Reactions: bunee
The truffle GH PT that was on Bluefly last month. I couldn't decide between a City or PT and went for the City. I now have found that I like the PT better. I doubt there will ever be a better price on that bag! :sad:

OMG, Clopin, isn't that crazy!?!?
I have a similar story with a Chloe vanilla paddy for like $650 :wtf:

Luv, sorry to hear that, but with Bluefly, it might not have been 100% perfect anyway :shrugs:

It happens to me all the time with ebay. There was one day a megenta shrug with BIN and i sent the seller a question. It was gone while i was waiting. Then there was a VIF twiggy and I hit BIN and the next step it told me that it's gone again, someone might just a few seconds earlier than me.

A Blue India Work bag in brand-new condition. I hesitated a little too long thinking about it... I think the Blue India work style is really HTF; at least I don't see it mentioned much on tPF.

A grenat work from Diabro for only $820. I already
paid with paypal but they found the bag (last one) was
damaged in the stockroom. :crybaby:I also lost $40 +
due to conversion fee. I so wish I got it.

I'm so sorry to hear that especiallly since I just got a Grenat Work today!! There is another one on eBay right now for a great price from a lovely PFer if you are intersted.

A grenat work from Diabro for only $820. I already
paid with paypal but they found the bag (last one) was
damaged in the stockroom. :crybaby:I also lost $40 +
due to conversion fee. I so wish I got it.

Great thread....mine is a 02 black fbf which i realised the seller is a TPF member and it was too late when i tried to negotiate the offer price and she has accepted the other offer...sigh

a few:

i lost an auction back during xmas for a rouge vif courier. my offer was $605, and the person (at least it was a tPFer) who won had an offer of $650 that was accepted. the night before though i was considering raising my offer to $655. oh well.

then came the anthracouier i ordered off LVR. A last minute trip to europe was planned for the summer though, and i needed the money for that more. it made my loss a little better when i learned lvr cancelled all the antracouriers b/c they didnt get them to begin with, though i was out $40 thanks to conversion fees. once again, oh well.

i guess me and the courier just weren't meant to be.

the last was a suede zip flat hobo, my highest bid was 202 and it was won for 205 at the last second. once again though, at least a tPFer got it.

i guess all these bags just weren't meant to be, but i hope when that perfect bag for me does come along, it will be mine :biggrin:

I was just about to pay for a shiny new pewter City at Neimans when at the very last second, I decided I wasn't cool enough to carry a metallic bag. So, in addition to being uncool, I am a complete idiot! That day still haunts me...