Anyone wear Mother jeans?

Piscesluv

Feb 21, 2012
I just bought a pair of The Looker cropped and I love the wash, and the fit is comfortable. There is something about them that makes me think they're going to stretch out like mad in an unflattering way. Any comments on quality of denim? How well they wear?

This is my fave denim brand ever. The denim is a bit thin but I have a low tolerance for denim in terms of comfort - sometimes even J Brand is too thick and scratchy. These are definitely always comfy and they stretch out a little but not terribly so. My black denim pair are my favourite because they have stretched out just the right amount so they are super flattering but also super comfy.

I'm bumping this thread since I recently discovered these jeans and now I'm obsessed with them! I purchased a pair of the Cropped Lookers (mid-rise) from Nordstroms sale rack during the Anniversary Sale, and ever since then, I can't get enough! I love their high waisted style - flattens the tummy/no gapping, and when uncuffed, the cropped length is actually perfect for my short legs! I can't get over how soft they are, and I personally like the thinner denim, especially during the summer. I just bought three more pair online from various places and I can't wait to get them. For years I lived in nothing but leggings, but after loosing a considerable amount of weight, I started buying & wearing jeans again and I'm thrilled I discovered this brand!

I'm bumping this thread since I recently discovered these jeans and now I'm obsessed with them! I purchased a pair of the Cropped Lookers (mid-rise) from Nordstroms sale rack during the Anniversary Sale, and ever since then, I can't get enough! I love their high waisted style - flattens the tummy/no gapping, and when uncuffed, the cropped length is actually perfect for my short legs! I can't get over how soft they are, and I personally like the thinner denim, especially during the summer. I just bought three more pair online from various places and I can't wait to get them. For years I lived in nothing but leggings, but after loosing a considerable amount of weight, I started buying & wearing jeans again and I'm thrilled I discovered this brand!

Gotta try the cropped, I'm super short ;)

Does anyone know how these wear compared with NYDJ?
I like them better, they're super soft and seem more modern ;)

I also prefer them to NYDJ. I had been buying NYDJ - those were actually the jeans I turned to last spring when I decided to buy my first pair of denim in years! - but since discovering MOTHER, my NYDJ are being neglected! I even returned several pair I bought during the Anniversary Sale. The high waisted MOTHER jeans are very comparable to NYDJ, but the denim is lighter weight. They also fit slimmer in the legs and taper more.

As for how they wear, I can't say for sure as I haven't had mine more than a couple of weeks, but I've worn them several times, washed & dried them, and they still look great! (I also haven't had my NYDJ for more than a few months, so those still look great too) They do stretch out and loosen up a little as you wear them, but no more than other jeans. I don't think they loosen up to the point of looking too baggy.

There are various styles of MOTHER, so if you're considering a pair, know what you want and research the styles before buying.

Last edited:
Gotta try the cropped, I'm super short ;)

I definitely recommend it! I bought as many cropped styles as I could find since I'm guessing they'll be eliminating them as we move into winter. I found several on sale - I got a pair fromShopBop for <$80! and two more pair from Revolve and Piperlime, both both on sale (plus I had a coupon code from Revolve for 20% off!: :yahoo: I would have taken advantage of that and bought more if I hadn't made those other purchases.)

I have three pairs of Mother looker crops and all of them have different inseams, ranging from 26.5-28.5 inches. They are all very soft, no doubt, but one of the washes that I have (True Hollywood Lies) is way past softness that it has completely stretched out.