Bag stolen at South Mimms Service station

I cannot post this in a "New Thread" due to being a new used - I have just set up a Purse Forum account on the advice of a kind Gum Tree user. Therefore I have to reply to an existing thread. I am sorry if this in the wrong place. I am so desperate. I will move it if so.
IF ANYONE SAW A WOMAN OF APPROXIMATELY 55 YEARS OF AGE, AROUND 5 FOOT TWO IN HEIGHT, WITH CURLY BROWN HAIR, AT 6.15PM ON SUNDAY 26TH AUGUST, AT THE BP CAR PETROL STATION, SOUTH MIMMS SERVICE STATION, M25, CARRYING A BROWN MULBERRY BAYSWATER HANDBAG OUT OF THE DOOR - CAN YOU IDENTIFY HER? CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH VEHICLE SHE GOT INTO? IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL OFFER YOU £500 CASH REWARD

My mother has had her beloved Mulberry Bayswater stolen by an opportunist thief in the toilets of the BP garage at South Mimms Service station. This bag holds a special sentimental value to my mother and to say she is beyond heartbroken and devastated is an understatement.
Not only did the bag contain a very large amount of cash, which we have given up hope of obtaining back, a black Mulberry Congo purse / wallet, a set of keys including USB sticks holding vital work information, hundreds of pounds worth of Laura Mercier and Chanel make up - worse still, it held four photographs. One each of her two children (myself and my brother) and one each of her parents, who have now passed away.
If the person who took this bag so cruelly, happened to see this advert, I would say this. Take the money, take the make up, take whatever you want. Just please, please, return the bag and the photographs. Hand them to the police anonymously if you want. I can't express to you what those items mean to my mum. That bag was bought as a gift for her and holds special meaning. Of course it can be replaced but it won't be the same.
Obviously the photos can't. How would you feel? She is the least deserving person of having this happen to her you can imagine.
If anyone reading this is offered a chocolate brown Mulberry with NO hanging tag on the front - the photo in this is a stock picture obviously - in excellent condition, despite being eight years old (my mum cared for the bag meticulously) and / or a black Congo leather wallet, please, please, please do the decent thing and contact me, anonymously if so you wish. I will offer a substantial cash reward that far exceeds the value of the bag.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We are heartbroken and I just want to get at least something back for my mum

Hi Rosie, Sorry to hear that ...
I guess full details on here, and the Police, do you have a copy of the bags number? you could search ebay esp in and around your area for one for sale, then check that number pretending to be a buyer .. someone else may have better ideas ..
Good luck x

I cannot post this in a "New Thread" due to being a new used - I have just set up a Purse Forum account on the advice of a kind Gum Tree user. Therefore I have to reply to an existing thread. I am sorry if this in the wrong place. I am so desperate. I will move it if so.
IF ANYONE SAW A WOMAN OF APPROXIMATELY 55 YEARS OF AGE, AROUND 5 FOOT TWO IN HEIGHT, WITH CURLY BROWN HAIR, AT 6.15PM ON SUNDAY 26TH AUGUST, AT THE BP CAR PETROL STATION, SOUTH MIMMS SERVICE STATION, M25, CARRYING A BROWN MULBERRY BAYSWATER HANDBAG OUT OF THE DOOR - CAN YOU IDENTIFY HER? CAN YOU TELL ME WHICH VEHICLE SHE GOT INTO? IF YOU CAN HELP ME I WILL OFFER YOU £500 CASH REWARD

My mother has had her beloved Mulberry Bayswater stolen by an opportunist thief in the toilets of the BP garage at South Mimms Service station. This bag holds a special sentimental value to my mother and to say she is beyond heartbroken and devastated is an understatement.
Not only did the bag contain a very large amount of cash, which we have given up hope of obtaining back, a black Mulberry Congo purse / wallet, a set of keys including USB sticks holding vital work information, hundreds of pounds worth of Laura Mercier and Chanel make up - worse still, it held four photographs. One each of her two children (myself and my brother) and one each of her parents, who have now passed away.
If the person who took this bag so cruelly, happened to see this advert, I would say this. Take the money, take the make up, take whatever you want. Just please, please, return the bag and the photographs. Hand them to the police anonymously if you want. I can't express to you what those items mean to my mum. That bag was bought as a gift for her and holds special meaning. Of course it can be replaced but it won't be the same.
Obviously the photos can't. How would you feel? She is the least deserving person of having this happen to her you can imagine.
If anyone reading this is offered a chocolate brown Mulberry with NO hanging tag on the front - the photo in this is a stock picture obviously - in excellent condition, despite being eight years old (my mum cared for the bag meticulously) and / or a black Congo leather wallet, please, please, please do the decent thing and contact me, anonymously if so you wish. I will offer a substantial cash reward that far exceeds the value of the bag.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. We are heartbroken and I just want to get at least something back for my mum

Have you asked at the PETROL STATION, if they have anything on their CCTV and did the person pay by card etc ... x

There are some disgusting people in this world....huge hugs to your mum bless her heart. I have pmed addy our mod to ask her to repost for you where it will get most viewed...fingers crossed for you

Thank you both for your replies. In case it does happen to turn up on here, details are as follows:
* Chocolate Darwin Bayswater (standard size)
* Purchased in December 2005, in pristine condition despite being eight years old
* NO hanging tag (taken off to avoid losing - how ironic!!!!)
* I do not have a copy of the serial number sadly. In future I will take copies of everything.
* Also with the bag was an older black Congo purse / wallet, so the same person may try and sell that on, although if they are clever they may do so separately.
The police have a clear image of the woman who took it leaving the petrol station, although she went around the side of building and they can't see what car she got into. They seem to quite on the ball in investigating though, so I am hopeful -ish. There's a very suspect one on ebay with a new seller's account set up yesterday, bag listed yesterday, with a description simply copied off the website, but the bag has a hanging tag. The seller would be very clever to do that. I've asked my friend to send a couple of questions anyway. Don't want my location to match that on my mum's driving licence if it is the stolen one.
Thanks again ladies, and if any one could keep their eyes peeled it would be very much appreciated.
x

There are some really disgusting people in this world. I really hope your mum gets her bag and contents back and hope the police catch the horrendous woman who done this.

So sorry this happened to your mother. People amaze me in their total lack of thought and concern for others. In addition, it is so wrong to take what is someone else's. Hope you get the Bayswater and pictures back.

There is a huge network of Mulberry lovers out there and I have alerted others privately who will keep their eyes open in the bag selling world.

So sorry to read of your Mum's distress .

Once again, thank you all so much for your kind words. It really means a lot to us both at this sad time.
This probably sounds really pathetic and selfish but my mum says she feels like she has lost a child, that sounds terrible because people do actually lose children, but I think it is the fact I bought her the bag when I got my first job when I turned 16 after saving up for the whole year and it was her most treasured possession. She has used it every day. I keep imagining the bag and photographs tossed carelessly in a ditch somewhere to avoid an evidence trail after the person has taken the money and makeup. I can't bear it.
Anyway, thank you once again, such kindness from strangers makes me feel better and I know my mum will say the same. I may be able to obtain the CCTV image once it goes onto the website and then I will post it online. I don't care if that is against the law, to be honest!
xx