Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

I suspect your friend's friend was probably mistaken, or saw a "Very good copy." Cartier makes a lot of money with LOVE bracelets. I believe the figure I saw about 4-5 years ago was something like $35 Million per year. Cartier offers a hand full of things in sterling silver(cufflinks, lighters, baby rattles), but I can't imagine them releasing the Love bracelet in sterling silver. Its always been made of gold or platinum.

I doubt Cartier would do one in sterling as it might make people say why spend for it in white gold or platinum. Sure it would allow them to sell in greater volume, but that may take away from the perceived exclusivity of the brand. I know some people that stopped buying Tiffany products when they went crazy offering sterling silver products in the 1990s. They felt it diluted the brand, and what was the point of having things that high school kids in fancy neighborhoods are wearing.

"They felt it diluted the brand, and what was the point of having things that high school kids in fancy neighborhoods are wearing." Love that! Of course, my son's girlfriend wears one of her mom's Love bracelet (her mom has 3), but she's def the exception to the rule.

Thank you so much for replying! Yeah exactly, the clic clac slide over but I'm not sure about getting a pm to stack with the love.

The atlas is actually something that is very intriguing to me right now! Too bad they discontinued the gold one, but maybe I can stack my gold cuff with a silver atlas cuff.

I don't want it to be a hassle, but do you mind posting pictures of the love and atlas stack in a top, bottom, and a side view? (The side view being like the picture below) As you can tell I'm very OCD with the stack being as perfect as I can (despite its two different designs and designer).

I would love to order one but can't go to a store, so online is the only way to go. Your picture would mean a lot to me!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1376435471.574298.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1376435481.511964.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1376435493.577915.jpg
Hope this helps.

"They felt it diluted the brand, and what was the point of having things that high school kids in fancy neighborhoods are wearing." Love that! Of course, my son's girlfriend wears one of her mom's Love bracelet (her mom has 3), but she's def the exception to the rule.

It depends on where you live, everything is relative. Often when people are spending a certain amount of money, they expect some level of exclusivity. I'n not sure I can blame them for that.

Yes absolutely! Thank you so much for your pictures! I have decided that this will definitely work with my love cuff. Do you think I should stay with my plain silver cuff to pair with my love, or get the atlas to replace my silver cuff? I feel like, the silver pair is kind of boring, but at the same time, it allows the love to shine, whereas the atlas may be competing with my love.

Hello Alex, I like my atlas gold but would like to really mix my jewelries. But since I'm more into gold. I tend to go towards that direction. And I didn't want to get silver love for my first one. I personally like the looks of the atlas with the love since they match in size.
I just don't know if I should have just gotten me a 17 ONLY because of the clic clac or better with the 16cm I have now because of the Atlas. I prefer the latter. My decision was base on the atlas and thought of the clic clac later.

I'm positive it's fake. Cartier won't make a gold plated one, and if it's too good to be true, it's always not true. People will not sell a real Love for less than the amount they ask for. Be careful.

It depends, aldo created an electroplated version decades ago. So plated loves do exist. A member owns this so I would do a search and see if the pictures match up.

Thank you so much for replying! Yeah exactly, the clic clac slide over but I'm not sure about getting a pm to stack with the love.

The atlas is actually something that is very intriguing to me right now! Too bad they discontinued the gold one, but maybe I can stack my gold cuff with a silver atlas cuff.

I don't want it to be a hassle, but do you mind posting pictures of the love and atlas stack in a top, bottom, and a side view? (The side view being like the picture below) As you can tell I'm very OCD with the stack being as perfect as I can (despite its two different designs and designer).

I would love to order one but can't go to a store, so online is the only way to go. Your picture would mean a lot to me!

I don't think the atlas takes away from the love I would replace the silver cuff with it. It'll have more presence