LAMB Rehab!

Yes the stuff is still at Michaels. There is a an aisle with a ton of acrylic paint. Be sure to use the better brands like Delta, Martha, or even Folk. Steer clear of the Michaels brand. The pens are called Prisma something or rather. I haven't bought any for awhile but they still should be there. They did bring in a new line called Copic that may work well too.

Goodluck!

Hello ladies! I've been lurking this forum for awhile but I signed up to ask a few questions about cleaning a Love Capri satchel in the frosted silver color. I found one for a really good deal, so I went ahead and purchased it, but it needs some TLC.

I've never tried to rehab a bag before, so I thought I'd double check what you guys think before I did anything.

Overall, it just looks dirty. Its pretty even but its very beige. There are a few darker spots, and the tassels and handles are pretty gross. The inside is clean spot - wise, but is generally just more beige than it should be.

From what I've read so far, it seems I should use Apple Garde cleaner and conditioner, then the spray to seal it? What do you guys recommend for the inside? The bag is pretty dirty, should I try to get some of the dirt out with water first? Let me know what you guys think.

Also, I apologize for bumping the old thread, but I'm pretty eager to get started and I can't wait the 5 days to become a 'real' member! Haha.

jb9tNJA.jpg

jBgiD0w.jpg

JgxAN3G.jpg

wZrmPuA.jpg

Nylon can continue to fray if not repaired. Depends on where the tear is located. If it's at the top near a seam, then I would try to stitch it together, but you'll need something to keep the end from fraying more - try some sewing tape on low heat to keep it straight, and if using a machine - go slow!! it slips! You might have better luck with a tailor.

if it's on another part of the bag - it'll be difficult. Holes can fray and run. You might be able to "pinch-sew" it but you'd see the seam if sewing from the outside. If you can get to the hole from the inside of the bag without removing the lining, then sew it closed. It should stay - you might try the sewing tape over the stitch to seal it. Use low heat when applying it

good luck!
I found a "Angel Lux" that a bit of fraying along the seams. I did a search online for remedies. At a craft website, they suggested "clear nail polish" to seal the ends. I tried this and it seems to work. The clear nail polish seals the fabric without changing the color. When it dries, carefully snip at the ends. :smile:

I found a "Angel Lux" that a bit of fraying along the seams. I did a search online for remedies. At a craft website, they suggested "clear nail polish" to seal the ends. I tried this and it seems to work. The clear nail polish seals the fabric without changing the color. When it dries, carefully snip at the ends. :smile:
does it work long term? eventually the polish would wear off, right?