Honest opinion about square silk scarves?

...and a few more ways, I like to wear my 90cm scarves.

Attachments

• Hermes-EnDesorde3.jpg
    Hermes-EnDesorde3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,026
  • Hermes-SoieLibre9.jpg
    Hermes-SoieLibre9.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Hermes-Jungle-Love9.jpg
    Hermes-Jungle-Love9.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,020
Hello ladysarah,

I'd like a number of mine to have more drape. It's one of the the rewards of owning them for a bit, and wearing them! :smile:

Here are some ways I like to wear my Hermes 90cm scarves. In the first photo, I'm wearing two identical 90cm, tied together as a top. I've purchased two of a few favorites to wear this way. But two complimentary scarves look great tied this way, too. The loose ends can be tucked in, making for a cleaner look which I like a bit better.

Thanks for this photo!! As mentioned above, I just bought a Farandole 80 and I've been trying to figure how to wear it with a scarf without looking overdone. You've done it perfectly! :tup:

Thank you- just saw those. Beautiful items! I particularly like the wool silk mix with the frayed edge...:smile:

Thanks, ladysarah! They are really beautiful scarves. It's hard to capture just how nice they are. I used to have several more but I gave a bunch to my SIL when I started becoming more interested in Hermes scarves. After several H scarf purchases I turned my attention back to Talbots scarves because they are so much more affordable, especially when I buy them at the clearance store.

By the way, I've followed in your footsteps and bought a vintage Kelly! I was thinking about buying a newer one, but I found one in excellent condition at a great price! :love:

I like to join! I do agree being a little bit thinner makes the scarf more appealing. I am on the chubbier side and sometimes when I wear scarf. I do look chubbier.

So lovely! I really like the way you've paired your Hermes scarf and Lift!

I just recently bought a Farandole 80 and I'm trying to figure out how to wear it with a scarf. :thinking:

Thanks for this photo!! As mentioned above, I just bought a Farandole 80 and I've been trying to figure how to wear it with a scarf without looking overdone. You've done it perfectly! :tup:

Many thanks, HermesNewbie! And enjoy your new Farandole! Mine is a 120cm, and I love to pair it, and my Lift pendants with scarves. :smile: Love your turquoise/brown paisley scarf! :love: Is it a recent offering...wondering if I could find one.

Last edited:
Many thanks, HermesNewbie! And enjoy your new Farandole! Mine is a 120cm, and I love to pair it, and my Lift pendants with scarves. :smile: Love your turquoise/brown paisley scarf! :love: Is it a recent offering...wondering if I could find one.

Thank you! I believe I bought that scarf last fall. Hopefully you can find one on eBay!

I haven't had time to read the whole thread here, but I love scarves and often wonder if they are too frumpy. However, I do love my Valentino scarf and think it looks just fine. :smile:
They can polish off an outfit. Think of this outfit without it. Kind of boring, I'd say. But the scarf steps it up a notch.

Attachments

• 20130805_182123.jpg
    20130805_182123.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 941
  • 20130527_203234.jpg
    20130527_203234.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 932
I haven't had time to read the whole thread here, but I love scarves and often wonder if they are too frumpy. However, I do love my Valentino scarf and think it looks just fine. :smile:
They can polish off an outfit. Think of this outfit without it. Kind of boring, I'd say. But the scarf steps it up a notch.

Great outfit! I love your Valentino scarf! Are your shoes Valentino as well?

Hello ladysarah,

I'd like a number of mine to have more drape. It's one of the the rewards of owning them for a bit, and wearing them! :smile:

Here are some ways I like to wear my Hermes 90cm scarves. In the first photo, I'm wearing two identical 90cm, tied together as a top. I've purchased two of a few favorites to wear this way. But two complimentary scarves look great tied this way, too. The loose ends can be tucked in, making for a cleaner look which I like a bit better.

...and a few more ways, I like to wear my 90cm scarves.

Excellent work edm, you look so chic and well put together in all the pics, I have huge admiration for your skills.

How exactly do you make that incredible 2 scarf top in the first pic :graucho:?

I agree, A scarf is it a bit like a textile magic wand, and this outfit is a good example of what you say, although I don't think 'boring', more 'plain' or a 'neutral'.

Per LadySarah's request, here are some of my Talbots scarves. The silks are first (I tried to get a good photo of a rolled hem), followed by a plissé type scarf (which perfectly matches my Vert Anise Hermes Garden Party). I know this thread is about silk scarves but I thought I would include my silk/cashmere scarves as well. These are so soft! All the scarves are beautiful; it's hard to capture just how lovely they are! Talbots really does a great job on there scarves/stoles - I highly recommend them!View attachment 2258609
View attachment 2258610
View attachment 2258611
View attachment 2258612
View attachment 2258613

I have some scarves besides H too, I especially like your paisley examples HN, cheat away :biggrin: