Eggplant Soft Legacy Pebbled Drawstring 25306

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
Lots of us were excited to see this in the Fall preview, but the color is a huge disappointment. I love the style, but the purple isn't vibrant at all. It has a brownish cast. The contrasting handle and the lemon yellow hangtag don't enhance the color at all. If anything, it looks better in pictures than in real life.

Attachments

• eggplant drawstring002.jpg
    eggplant drawstring002.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 4,082
I think Coach may have been thinking of the Sonoma line when they made this one. Here you can see the lemon yellow hangtag, which I think looks horrible with purple.

Attachments

• eggplant drawstring004.jpg
    eggplant drawstring004.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3,432
More lemon yellow on the inside. I don't care for the long strap. It is also pebbled, which I think makes it flimsier than it should be.

Attachments

• eggplant drawstring005.jpg
    eggplant drawstring005.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 3,185
Lots of us were excited to see this in the Fall preview, but the color is a huge disappointment. I love the style, but the purple isn't vibrant at all. It has a brownish cast. The contrasting handle and the lemon yellow hangtag don't enhance the color at all. If anything, it looks better in pictures than in real life.

The color looks muddy, however I have to admit it is a true eggplant/aubergine color. I was thinking it would be more violet and less burgundy. I like the color of the handle, but YELLOW?? hangtag? That doesn't make any sense. I do like the caps on the end of the drawstrings.

I also am not fond of that hangtag style compared to using a ball chain. They make me think of a security sensor that got accidentally left on the bag. Does the key strap come off, having it attached to the outside of the bag would bug me.

I love the shape of this bag and it is so comfortable on the shoulder. The short strap can be adjusted with three holes on each side for the buckles, and can be removed completely. The pebbled leather is soft and smooshy.

The color looks really muddy. I like the color of the handle, but YELLOW?? hangtag? That doesn't make any sense. I do like the caps on the end of the drawstrings.

I also am not fond of that hangtag style compared to using a ball chain. They make me think of a security sensor that got accidentally left on the bag.
Muddy describes it exactly!

Gosh, I'm not sure what I think about the yellow accents. Hmm. I also can see what you are referring to with the purple shade.

For me, the pebbled leather, smooshy-ness factor (your pics make that so apparent!) and the size / shape lead me to thumbs up the bag. I'm with you on the color factor, though. I'd exchange if it were me.

Curious what you will do?!?! The bag is awesome!!!