Home & Garden *~Calling All Gardening Lovers~* Sow and Show Your Garden Stuff

I need to get some pictures up, too. I got some weeding done along the side yard; I'm on an acre that is edged with woods, and the woods keeps encroaching. I keep a line of scrub and trees on all side, but I don't like it encroaching on the lawn and prefer enough for privacy and that's it.

Right now, I have very little in flower in the front garden, but more than last week. I have one garden with NO blooms. Ugh. What flowers are blooming in folks gardens right now? I need to figure out what will bloom in mid July and get some in.
I too am looking for something for my front bed...I'm thinking Shasta daisies, just one.

Please be so kind my fellow gardeners and assist me with this question.

I have day lilies in my garden with a lot of seed pods. However, I have picked some pods off
they are dried and wrinkled no seeds. I found a seed pod that was split open wanted to harvest no seeds.

Ok what's going on with my day lilies no seeds in the pods, seedless pods ?

Thanks for all your assistance.:smile:

Does anyone have any advice about weeding?

I came home from vacation and my garden is totally covered in weeds! I started to dig them out, but there's so many of them and I wonder if there is a better/easier/more effective way to get rid of them. A lot of them are dandelions, so really obnoxious and difficult to pull/dig out.

Bees love dandelions... You can pretend you have a pollinator friendly garden, LOL! You can also get a sprayer and use vinegar rather than something like roundup. Lots of recipes online.

Bees love dandelions... You can pretend you have a pollinator friendly garden, LOL! You can also get a sprayer and use vinegar rather than something like roundup. Lots of recipes online.

Love your info! Please post more reference links. I don't have a garden as such, but we grow lavender, roses, peonies and rosemary in tubs on a little roof garden. The bees love it...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 114
Please be so kind my fellow gardeners and assist me with this question.

I have day lilies in my garden with a lot of seed pods. However, I have picked some pods off
they are dried and wrinkled no seeds. I found a seed pod that was split open wanted to harvest no seeds.

Ok what's going on with my day lilies no seeds in the pods, seedless pods ?

Thanks for all your assistance.:smile:
Awe, wish I could give you some insight - I haven't planted day lilies, sorry!

Well not much from the veggie front tonight, I'll take pics tomorrow of the veggies...today I have an issue and an amazing plant...

First the issue...When in Colorado I could never grow ivy, now that I'm on the east coast it has taken over, help ladies what should I do??? Oh on a side note the space next to the small statue is where I'd like to put a shasta daisy

This Alpha Phi girl is happy with the ivy but it is a little out of control!

Now for the triumph...as good as I feel I do in the veggie garden I have a brown thumb with indoor plants....this is my African violet~ how the heck did I do this???

Last edited:
Thanks No Cute! The cucumbers are twice as big and I have 12+ on the vine. The herbs are out of control and I'm offering them up to the neighbors because I can't keep up!

That's great.

I still haven't put in the few herbs I picked up. Not sure where to put them. Oops. I keep being frustrated with myself and then realize, it's okay, no biggy, and whatever production I get is fine. They're replacements for my too old perennial herbs, so it's all good.