How did you ultimately decide which leather you wanted?

ItsMyWorld

Dec 28, 2006
I searched but I didn't see this exact thread so I am sorry if it has been discussed.

I keep going back and forth (it's for a classic flap) mainly between the lambskin and caviar. Briefly considered the patent, but I ultimately decided it wasn't for me. How did you decide?

I have both and prefer the caviar only because it doesnt scratch. The lambskin scratches easily and there is no way to get it out! But the lambskin is much softer...

My SA told me I need to just be ok with scratches...:shrugs: but I'm not!

I prefer caviar because I'm anal about my bags, and lambskin, though gorgeous, is more fragile. I still have a few lambskin bags, but caviar and calfskin far outnumber my lambskin bags. If you plan to use it everyday, caviar is a good choice, and if it's an evening type bag, lamb is so soft and beautiful! Good luck! :smile:

-Minal

i chose the type of leather based on my type of lifestyle-- i need something thats not too delicate, something i dont need to constantly care for a lot! hence i usually end up picking leathers which are fairly low maintenence.

I don't like the caviar so it was never really a question for me that I'll only buy the lamskin or calfskin in the reissue.
I baby my bags anyway and don't use my medium claasic flap as an everyday bag so I guess it's alright to have a more delicate leather.

caviar! lambskin, as beautiful and soft as it may be..doesn't seem to have a youthful appeal to it (no offense to the ladies here that rock it out)

i also like the fact that caviar is durable and not as "formal" looking as lambskin.

calfskin is another one of my favorites.