Finally I got my classic! *Happy*

Melody z

Apr 8, 2013
Hi all, I wish to share my joy and little encounter when picking up my classic jumbo! :graucho:

After hesitating for a month, I finally got my Classic! My love for the bag growing stronger. I have a few seasonal bag but zero classic so I figured that I should have at least one classic!

Also, very sweet of Chanel to send me a birthday card.. I'm totally.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

When I walked into the boutique, my SA show me 2 new piece of the Jumbo caviar. One with the hologram #17 and other was #18 hologram. Both leather looks and feel very different. As discussed before in one of the thread mentioning bad caviar quality for new classic. Mostly feedback about the dull, stiff and matt looking on recent classic.

The #17 I saw in the boutique looks rich, puffy, shiny and softer. The #18 looks stiff, not as shiny and not so puffy. I immediately choose the #17 one obviously (I believe most you gals will make the same choice as me) :P

My SA however told me that the latest classic are more stiff, not as shiny and puffy. She do advised me to take the #18 one because it will keep it shape well for long time. She's helpful enough to show me the older classic display piece (showroom piece) that leaves stretch mark and slightly out of shape on the side due to softer and shiny caviar.

She also mentioned that when you lift the flap lots of time over the years, softer caviar will have more obvious stretch mark on the folding part of the flap (above the back pocket).

Well, I love both and I could accept the #18 classic as it is not really that dead looking caviar so I took her advised. I am happy to share the #18 hologram caviar with everyone. Please enjoy and feel free to input feedback about the #18 caviar.

Note: I took all the picture without flash light.

Thanks for viewing :biggrin:

Attachments

• Classic 1.jpg
    Classic 1.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 3,638
  • Classic 2.jpg
    Classic 2.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 3,704
  • Classic 2.5.jpg
    Classic 2.5.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 3,635
  • Classic 3.jpg
    Classic 3.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 3,796
  • Classic 4.jpg
    Classic 4.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 3,780
  • Classic 5.jpg
    Classic 5.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 3,716
  • classic 4.5.jpg
    classic 4.5.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 3,762
  • classic 5.5.jpg
    classic 5.5.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 3,736
Last edited:
Hi all, I wish to share my joy and little encounter when picking up my classic jumbo! :graucho:

After hesitating for a month, I finally got my Classic! My love for the bag growing stronger. I have a few seasonal bag but zero classic so I figured that I should have at least one classic!

Also, very sweet of Chanel to send me a birthday card.. I'm totally.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

When I walked into the boutique, my SA show me 2 new piece of the Jumbo caviar. One with the hologram #17 and other was #18 hologram. Both leather looks and feel very different. As discussed before in one of the thread mentioning bad caviar quality for new classic. Mostly feedback about the dull, stiff and matt looking on recent classic.

The #17 I saw in the boutique looks rich, puffy, shiny and softer. The #18 looks stiff, not as shiny and not so puffy. I immediately choose the #17 one obviously (I believe most you gals will make the same choice as me) :P

My SA however told me that the latest classic are more stiff, not as shiny and puffy. She do advised me to take the #18 one because it will keep it shape well for long time. She's helpful enough to show me the older classic display piece (showroom piece) that leaves stretch mark and slightly out of shape on the side due to softer and shiny caviar.

She also mentioned that when you lift the flap lots of time over the years, softer caviar will have more obvious stretch mark on the folding part of the flap (above the back pocket).

Well, I love both and I could accept the #18 classic as it is not really that dead looking caviar so I took her advised. I am happy to share the #18 hologram caviar with everyone. Please enjoy and feel free to input feedback about the #18 caviar.

Gorgeous classic flap! I'm so happy you decided to get this at the boutique and not from a reseller, especially since it's your first classic flap--I know you have been thinking about this purchase for a long while and put a lot of thought and time and energy into it! You will always remember how wonderful and special this purchase was, and it's truly a beautiful bag! Congrats so much on your lovely, timeless jumbo caviar! :love:

Yay, your bag looks great! Nice to know that your SA gave you good advice. Do you mind taking a photo of what it looks like when you wear it with a single strap? I was thinking of getting a M/L but I'm wondering if it'll be too small. I'm curious to see how a jumbo looks worn long (since that's how I'd wear it). Thank you! And congrats again!!

Yay, your bag looks great! Nice to know that your SA gave you good advice. Do you mind taking a photo of what it looks like when you wear it with a single strap? I was thinking of getting a M/L but I'm wondering if it'll be too small. I'm curious to see how a jumbo looks worn long (since that's how I'd wear it). Thank you! And congrats again!!

Just to help answer your wonderment about how this bag looks worn with one strap long, the jumbo strap is too long for most people to do this. The M/L is just the right size for it (depending on your torso length, of course, but for most it is). The M/L can go day to night as well, whereas the jumbo is more of a daytime bag. I'm sure the OP will post photos of her gorgeous bag being worn so that you might see this. Best of luck with your decision! :smile:

The leather on this flap looks great. Thanks for the detailed description of the two different leathers that you saw. I think you made the right choice by going with the more rigid/stiff bag. It will definitely hold up better over time and keep it's shape. Congrats on your gorgeous classic and happy birthday!

Just to help answer your wonderment about how this bag looks worn with one strap long, the jumbo strap is too long for most people to do this. The M/L is just the right size for it (depending on your torso length, of course, but for most it is). The M/L can go day to night as well, whereas the jumbo is more of a daytime bag. I'm sure the OP will post photos of her gorgeous bag being worn so that you might see this. Best of luck with your decision! :smile:

Thanks for your advice, tutu! Hmm, I guess I'll go with the M/L size then since it's more versatile. Or a Boy. So hard to decide ..... :smile:

It's wonderful to see chanel is improving on their caviar once again.... this gives me hope I'll find a beautiful one.... congratulations to you she is absolutely perfect!!