Which scarf/pointu/pochette are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chestnutty, Pegase, seton, hsick, scarfaddict - :ty: Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and holiday for those in the U.S. or ex Pats.

My favorite pochette colorway foxgal! You were it beautifully!

continuing with KO and the New World
Samuel de Champlain for Canada Day

seton - positively KO at his best and on you!

Lanit - looking great in your silks the red white blue is perfect for 4th July and teh Ponys is lovely and cool looking:tup:

Miss you dear scarfie - waiting to see your cheatin' heart silks this week!

I had been looking for this quite intensively but the harder I tried, the more it seemed it was hopeless! after some months I realized it was going to be one more H - Myth to add to the legends... I mean, I had no intention anymore of buying this piece (since it is priced higher than normal) But I had even lost hope of seeing live at all!
until....
until I walked into a H shop two weeks ago, not looking for anyhing in particular (well, secretly I was hoping to find the green c/w of "tous les bateaux...." in cashmere/silk, at least to SEE it!... but , none of that in sight... so I was just walking around keeping a lovely SA "busy" and then, all of a sudden, I saw this precious lady, hanging on a wall net to the register... almost forgotten, blending with the wood panels on the wall....

May I present to you, from last winters collection:

Cavalcadour Clair de lune

Excuse me while I completely unplaster myself from the computer screen Pegase. Wow, fainting and swooning and now I wish I had not passed up the chance last year. Bet it looks awesome on you...:faint::drool::hbeat:

Pegase - what a score! Congrats.

Ok ladies. I thought I would kick off theme week by confessing I have not always been faithful to H. Every time I promise myself I'm going to stop seeing these other "women", I find it impossible to kick them out of my life. One is so soft and was my first. Her name is Miss Etro. The other is so beautiful and her name is Miss Pucci. I have been good and have been very serious about Miss H for the past year, but from time to time I still go out to dinner with these other ladies. I hope my confession will give others the courage to come forward with their stories. :smile:

Here she is...Miss Etro
View attachment 2248167
View attachment 2248168

And Miss Pucci.
View attachment 2248169
View attachment 2248170

Gosh do I need to run to look at these Etro silks. What a beautiful pair of cheatin' silks MYH! Looking fabulous on you!

I'll cheat on H later this week.But today it's a little licorne to brighten up a Calvin Klein sleeveless dress.

Super gorgeous on you dooneybaby - love the CK dress too. Must resist the temptation for more aqua silks. One of three colorways I am considering. Oh dear, you make it impossible to resist.

Scarfies,
It's me again rambling about my newly-found love for Maharajas, LOL. The other day, I was reading the Fall 2012 scarf story booklet, out of curiosity I did a search on the jewelry pieces featured on the scarf and I was hooked!!! I'm very happy to learn something new from the scarf and I thought I'd share with you all (as always, feel free to ignore my post if you hate long posts).
Ok so basically the design features many of Indian classic jewelry pieces, among them are:
- The Arya necklace (btw, I hate turtle neck anything and I did think of a layered wedding cake when I first saw this, LOL)
on the scarf

and in real life:

- The Bazuband (upper-arm bracelet)
on the scarf

in real life

(photo courtesy of Christie's auction house)

another bazuband on the scarf:

(photo courtesy of Museum of Fine Arts, Boston)

- The Ta'wiz (an amulet - sort of a charm that contains scripture/paintings/well wishes of a necklace)
on the scarf

in real life:

(photo courtesy of Legacymedia.localworld.co.uk)

another Ta'wiz

and in real life

- the Sarpech (male's forehead ornament)

and in real life

- Many Chand-tikka (female forehead ornament)

and in real life

Hope you all enjoy these eye candies as much as I do!

Scarfies,
It's me again rambling about my newly-found love for Maharajas, LOL. The other day, I was reading the Fall 2012 scarf story booklet, out of curiosity I did a search on the jewelry pieces featured on the scarf and I was hooked!!! I'm very happy to learn something new from the scarf and I thought I'd share with you all (as always, feel free to ignore my post if you hate long posts).
Ok so basically the design features many of Indian classic jewelry pieces, among them are:
- The Arya necklace (btw, I hate turtle neck anything and I did think of a layered wedding cake when I first saw this, LOL)
on the scarf

and in real life:

on the scarf

in real life

I love all of the research that you put into this, Chestnutty, just fabulous!
I used to work in India and it's a place and culture very dear to my heart.
The Kundan jewelry on the Maharajas is so prolific and brings me fond memories of the weddings and festivals I went to.
Though I wasn't swooned at all by Maharajas when it first came out, I don't gravitate to wearing these busier designs, lately I'm really feeling the love the more I look at it and so my SA is on the hunt for me :graucho:

- The Ta'wiz (an amulet - sort of a charm that contains scripture/paintings/well wishes of a necklace)
on the scarf

in real life:

another Ta'wiz

and in real life

and in real life

and in real life

Chestnutty -your comparison pics are amazing! I also thought the first necklace you showed was a wedding cake until now lol. Thanks for enlightening me! Loved this post.

Grande Tenue today.
I know, still off topic. I'm trying to gather enough strength to cheat on H. I've cheated many times before but I've never been caught on camera. :P:P

Attachments

• 20130709_041502_1-hires.jpg
    20130709_041502_1-hires.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 656
Scarfies,
on the scarf

and in real life:

on the scarf

in real life

Thanks Chestnutty, such a treat! Of course, now I have another scarf to add to my list!

on the scarf

in real life:

another Ta'wiz

and in real life

and in real life

and in real life

Great job, Chestnutty ! This is pretty interesting ! Thank you for research and sharing this !

Status
Not open for further replies.