eBay seller string forum photos

Doesn't ebay now have a specific warning message that you can't steal photos?
For items that are listed on ebay, sellers who don't want their work used must opt OUT of the catalog. Otherwise, all listings automatically opt in by default and catalog listings are exempt from photo theft.

(I think sellers should have to opt in but obviously, ebay didn't check with most sellers to see how they feel about it!)

Since the OP's item wasn't even listed on ebay (if I'm understanding correctly), use of her pictures was disallowed and can be reported as VeRO.)

For items that are listed on ebay, sellers who don't want their work used must opt OUT of the catalog. Otherwise, all listings automatically opt in by default and catalog listings are exempt from photo theft.

(I think sellers should have to opt in but obviously, ebay didn't check with most sellers to see how they feel about it!)

Since the OP's item wasn't even listed on ebay (if I'm understanding correctly), use of her pictures was disallowed and can be reported as VeRO.)

Where do you go to opt out of the catalog? I thought I did, but I want to make sure. I work hard on my photos and don't want to work for other people.

Thanks - I was opted out on all my ids. It was good to check though. I remember that being one of those cute "helps" that they snuck in on an update.
"Helps" right! They make it sound like they're giving you free additional exposure! Instead, they'd exposing you to other sellers who can take advantage of your work.

Wait- what??????
News to me- going to check this out right now :cursing: