Cotton scarves

The cotton ones comes in 20" and 27".

Peko, I got my 1st 27x27" cotton scarf 'Les Chevaux se Rendent au Départ' about a week ago and I'm loving it. I've worn it once and with warmer weather around the corner, I can't wait to wear it more often :nuts: They are really low maintenance as well. Wrt washing, I'm just going to put it in a lingerie washer bag thingy and throw it in the machine. When it's done, I'll iron it while it's still wet and lay it flat on the lines for the hems to dry.

Are you looking for something? The H stores have a number of designs in 27". I've seen 'En Desorde' and a 2 year old 'La Parade a Moscou', 'Neige D'Antan' from A/W 06. But I know H issued at least 5 designs for cotton scarves in every collection.

ETA: $195 for the 27", call your store and check it out, SA's are usually very helpful with textiles.

I'm not going to edit my 1st post ... haha ... anyway, they are not rare at all, stores don't order them because they think 1) it's not popular (I believe people don't ask for it because they don't know that it exists.) 2) certain H stores don't have a big budget and prefer to spend it on silk. But ask anyway and they can search it up for you.

Here is a pic of my 27". It was issued in 2001 as a pocket sq. and now re-issued as a 27", never in a 36". It comes in 6 c/ws.

http://www.hsci.hermesscarf.com/actions/image_resized_view.php?imgid=1545&nw=489&nh=480

Thanks AirMess! I got the "EN DUO" recently .
I am wearing it today for the second time since purchase and have not washed it yet. will it feel softer after a couple of washes?

I've seen it in the Red Berries design too.

Do you think they are worth buying?

You bought the 20" if I'm not mistaken.

They will soften as you washed them, please use woolite.

Are they worth buying? Bad question to ask someone with a 3 digit scarf count :lol:

Honestly, I'll be looking to buy a few more, maybe another 4 or 6. BUT I won't be buying all of them now, I'm going to wait and see what will be issue for A/W and just buy what I like. Wrt your question about 'Is it worth it? If you wear it all the time, it's defintely worth it but I really wouldn't rush out and buy a dozen today. Cost per wear is how I do it :P . Buy a few and wear them all the time, gets cheaper per wear. As with anything, buy anything for $10 and you never use it, it's a waste.

I like the low maintenance part of it most of all. I'm really digging it.

Are they worth buying? Bad question to ask someone with a 3 digit scarf count :lol:

:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: !

Thanks for the washing tips. Will the colour fade?

I have no idea if it is a 20 or a 27. Bought mine while travelling and have not seen any at the local H store.

You are right. Any thing bought no matter how much but not used is a waste. :yes:

^It will fade a little in time to come, so using a mild detergent will go a long way in retaining colors. Don't put it in the dryer. It's so fine, you can iron it right away.

Your store can order it from Paris directly if you want it, it's not a problem at all. Just ask the store what designs are available and in how many c/ws, they will be able to tell you these things.

Have fun with it, they really add such a nice touch to my plain old polo shirt!

airmess
be a bit careful with woolite-
i believe there to be harsh chems involved.
i use ivory for babies liquid or dreft liquid.
for traveling, i use ivory flakes.
jsut a thought
ang

^& I thought they were low maintenance :P ... will check out ivory, thanks for the heads up. I do see some organic detergent in my health food store, LOL! Oh boy ...

I love Hermes scarfs, and thought everyone might like to know that there is a nice one available on eBay. I like the silk ones, and since this is cotton, I wont be bidding on it, but, maybe others would like to...

Dorin
:idea: