How do you know if you really HAVE to buy that LV?

I LOVE LV

O.G.
Jun 13, 2006
I mean, there are times when I'm so obsessed about an LV item that it seems like I just HAD to have it. But once I've purchased it, I never used it much, or even use it at all, :sweatdrop: let it sitting in the dustbag/box. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean as impulsive purchase, coz those items are usually what I have been obsessing for months and been putting so much thoughts into it..! :rolleyes: And I still love them a lot after I purchased, just didn't really get to use it much(or at all).

So the question now is, how do you know if you really HAVE to have that item, I mean really, as in you buy it, and you use it often. Not buy it, keep it in the box and take it out occasionally to admire. :P

I am in the same boat w/u, especially those LE items :drool: lol. I guess avoid purchase same 'design/shape' of bag-BH vs Saleya, etc. But honestly we all know LV is so unique, even mono and damier speedy are considered two equally distinguished bags :d: Just stick w/ur guts, visit boutique, consider how often you will use it and how it works w/ur lifestyle? All and all, it's about ur financial status, KWIM?

my rule of thumb when it comes to shopping is, that item will call me name and urge me to take it home with me regardless of it being a bag, shoe or anything. lols, follow ur heart. And like classic chic said, of course we have to consider our financial means. =)

theres a thread in the hermes forum called DING,DING,DING NOT. . . DING,DING, DING. thats how it is for me. if i see a bag i need its like an alarm in my head. I NEED it after that and i start to imagine my life with it.

I am in the same boat w/u, especially those LE items :drool: lol. I guess avoid purchase same 'design/shape' of bag-BH vs Saleya, etc. But honestly we all know LV is so unique, even mono and damier speedy are considered two equally distinguished bags :d: Just stick w/ur guts, visit boutique, consider how often you will use it and how it works w/ur lifestyle? All and all, it's about ur financial status, KWIM?
Thanks for the insights. :yes: Actually part of the reason is I'm debating on purchasing a framboise agenda. I've been wanting one since like, erm, forever... :rolleyes: :sweatdrop: Ever since like last year or so. The thing is, I don't even own an agenda, so do I actually need one? But framboise is just too gorgeous and it's gonna be gone soon, if not already! :sad: I don't have much extra cash to splurge now, but I don't want to regret later and pay more than retail like the cerises. I'm pretty sure I'll love it loads, but not sure if I'll use it much or ever. And I'm not the type who will use an agenda as wallet, I have way too much stuffs. I don't want a vernis cles too, since it's can't fit in much. And a framboise bedford is way off my budget. :sweatdrop:

my rule of thumb when it comes to shopping is, that item will call me name and urge me to take it home with me regardless of it being a bag, shoe or anything. lols, follow ur heart. And like classic chic said, of course we have to consider our financial means. =)
Oh, not only is it calling me, it's practically yelling for me... Lol... I want it so so so badly, but will I use it? Oh, I'm going crazy... :sweatdrop:

theres a thread in the hermes forum called DING,DING,DING NOT. . . DING,DING, DING. thats how it is for me. if i see a bag i need its like an alarm in my head. I NEED it after that and i start to imagine my life with it.
I'm off to search for that thread. :P

Meanwhile, let me imagine my life with the gorgeous framboise agenda... :love:

When you can't stop thinking about it; when it fills in a "empty position" in your wardrobe. And usually is something is very limited, that has a huge influence on if I have to have it as well.

I obsess over bags for a LONG time and sometimes by the time I really think about buying them I lose interest. That's why I like to really think about things before I buy them. For cheap bags I will just buy without giving much thought.

I'm not to the point where I obsess over LV bags. There are so few that I really love....I guess that's a good thing. I'm very picky and practical. Some styles just don't call my name. I was crazy about the Mono and Azur Speedies and just had to have them. I purchased them within a couple of weeks of one another. Love them! I have others on my list but none that I am dying for.....only like them.
If I really want a bag I don't give it much though. I just buy it. However, if a bag is over 2000 dollars I will think about it before I buy it. I haven't gotten to the point yet where I would spend that kind of money on a handbag. I just can't justify that at all.......lol. It took me a while to justify spending money on an LV period.

Like right now I'm in love with Dentelle Kirsten but I'm just holding off on it. I can't justify buying it....lol.

When I can't seem to do anything right at work, constantly looking over the phone thinking whether I should pick it up to call and see if THAT bag is still in the store and being very very selective with my lunches-eat cheap and save just in case...:P yup, these are thee sure signs for me!:yes: