Food Opinions on safety issue?

lolitakali

Feb 6, 2007
I have recently noticed my supposedly "Microwave-safe" plastic wraps melting into my food within 2 mins of micro-waving. I wonder if anyone else noticed that?

I am concerned about health issues if we as the consumers ate the food heated up in these wraps (since we have the food safety scare from the recent pet food that is tainted with "melamine" which is found in plastics). http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265846,00.html

What about "melamine" in these plastic wraps? If they are "Microwave-safe"... why are they melting? They seemed to lack standards now-a-days. Anyone else with this problem?

I would not and do not ever microwave anything plastic.
I use wax paper to cover when microwaving and I move my food out of platic containers and into paper or glass dishes before microwaving as well.

I don't think it should do that & if so it certainly is not safe!
I dont use microwaves at all don't like them but do have yours checked out & I would remove food from all plastic before cooking in one.

I would not and do not ever microwave anything plastic.
I use wax paper to cover when microwaving and I move my food out of platic containers and into paper or glass dishes before microwaving as well.

Good tip on micro-cooking.

I do not use the micro-wave a lot as well, but for me when something claims that they are safe for a procedure, I expect them to perform as they state. If the product fail the procedure, what is the purpose of the product then?

I was wondering since we have found that "melamine" is not safe for pets... if that or any unsafe ingredients
is found in wraps; what will be the consequences of in-jesting these ingredients into our human body.

Maybe wraps should state that they are not safe for the micro-wave?