Asian Nose Job 3

Does anyone has a specific experience of revising rib nose to silicone or other foreign implant?? Please advice, especially any doctor in taiwan.
Reason being, i had my first rhinoplasty with VIP using rib cart, then revise it in taiwan last year with dr kao. Still unhappy with the result, especially the tip, its as bulbous as ever, and the tip became upturned. Seriously after the revision, i am regretting it. I think i much rather had a too high nose from vip than the current one. But i dont think i have enough cartilage to redo my nose anymore, since i have taken both sides of my nose and also the rib cart=(( I know...my case is pretty severe. but i would appreciate some solid recommendation.
Foreign implant of cos is the last resort i would go for, but .... i just dont think i have anymore cart tissue of my own....and i think revisional rib rhino would also costs that much more....
tx

May I ask why you had your first revision after VIP? Was it because the results turned out to be another 'VIP nose'? Or was it just too high for your liking? Did you inform the surgeon with what kind of nose you were after in the beginning before the surgery? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions! Just that VIP is one of the clinics I'll be visiting for a revision rhinoplasty (cartilage only from primary implant).

I currently have a primary silicone implant that I'd like to remove and get rib or ear cartilage instead. Personally I wouldn't suggest any foreign material into body. Not like my nose is particularly bad right now (few flaws that only I can notice) but from my research, complications will increase with foreign materials thus I don't recommend the silicone implant method to anyone. But that's just my experience. Some might have fantastical experience with their silicone nose and have yet to face any problem.

I actually just found out about pitangui yesterday. I asked for my case, tip plasty revision and they quoted 1,600-2,100. That is the lowest price I've seen. I also asked about a revision with silicone. It was about 2,600-3,200.

Price is convincing honestly. But anyway you can chat with them on skype. I believe they do video chats.

Thanks heaps for asking for revision rhinoplasty! That's with silicone though I'm guessing with cartilage it would be slightly more. I'll definitely have an online consultation with them after coming up with a set list of the clinics I'll be visiting.

May I ask why you had your first revision after VIP? Was it because the results turned out to be another 'VIP nose'? Or was it just too high for your liking? Did you inform the surgeon with what kind of nose you were after in the beginning before the surgery? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions! Just that VIP is one of the clinics I'll be visiting for a revision rhinoplasty (cartilage only from primary implant).

I currently have a primary silicone implant that I'd like to remove and get rib or ear cartilage instead. Personally I wouldn't suggest any foreign material into body. Not like my nose is particularly bad right now (few flaws that only I can notice) but from my research, complications will increase with foreign materials thus I don't recommend the silicone implant method to anyone. But that's just my experience. Some might have fantastical experience with their silicone nose and have yet to face any problem.

The first nose from VIP was way too high and long for me. When i consulted dr kao and dr hsu in taiwan, they both agreed. I would not want foreign material in my body too, since i think my body is the weak type and is prone to infection, but all those 2 major surgeries have left me with no more own cartilage to use, i believe. I might be a hopeless case. Now, after dr kao had taken what i believe to be too much of rib cartilage out, it left my tip upturned a little, and the nostrils are showing.
Now i really regretted to have asked him to fix the nose. I much rather have a too huge nose than a upturned short nose=((
But not like any other revision where people replace silicone with rib cart, i might have to choose the reverse or else i dont know how to do. Sad.

Getting a nose job has cross my mind since young just that I wasn't really serious back then but now I guess I really want to.

I really don't know where to start. Hope you guys could give me some info to work on:cry:. Here's the picture

Pretty similar to this pic http://www.realself.com/review/wash...ty-hugeshapeless-nose-refined-reduced-in-size
This is how it looks like when I relax my nose. I made it a habit to suck my nose in to make less wide and big. Under certain lighting it looks decent to me.

It's the top part, right above the alar that makes it look big and chunky. I emailed Dr Woffles and Dr Martin. So far only Dr Woffles has replied back but didn't say or give me any general/rough ideas on what needs to be done. Need to meet him in person first but I can't since I'll be overseas for a while.

Did check out Dr Jung from Korea. He looks more convincing to me. Been scouring his before and after rhinoplasty pictures but can't find one that matches mine.

If possible I don't really want to have implants. I just want to make the sides look narrower PERMANENTLY

Last edited:
Thanks for all these ideas! I'll definitely make a shortlist of the clinics that are appealing to me and email their consultants. On your location it says you're from China? Mind sharing your personal experience with rhinoplasty? :smile:
Yes, I am Chinese but I think that I am more Filipino since I spend more time going in and out of the Philippines. Personal experience? Soon. :smile: I am going in June with my friend and this will be my first surgery so I really can't give you more apart from what I've read online and from this forum.

Same here! I'm still a uni student! I try not to let the price get in the way of decision however I do have a budget around USD5-6k only for a revision. I've seen some posts previously saying Pitangui can do revision for only 3k? Can anyone validate this? Or does anyone have an approximate pricing for rhinoplasty for each clinic?
I think that Pitangui's prices for primary and revision are the same, or almost the same. They are cheaper than others because Their prices are the same for locals and foreigners. But I don't think that this reflects the quality of work that they do since prices are commonly a reflection of the quality. This does however mean more money for shopping. :presents:

Getting a nose job has cross my mind since young just that I wasn't really serious back then but now I guess I really want to.

I really don't know where to start. Hope you guys could give me some info to work on:cry:. Here's the picture

Pretty similar to this pic http://www.realself.com/review/wash...ty-hugeshapeless-nose-refined-reduced-in-size
This is how it looks like when I relax my nose. I made it a habit to suck my nose in to make less wide and big. Under certain lighting it looks decent to me.

It's the top part, right above the alar that makes it look big and chunky. I emailed Dr Woffles and Dr Martin. So far only Dr Woffles has replied back but didn't say or give me any general/rough ideas on what needs to be done. Need to meet him in person first but I can't since I'll be overseas for a while.

Did check out Dr Jung from Korea. He looks more convincing to me. Been scouring his before and after rhinoplasty pictures but can't find one that matches mine.

If possible I don't really want to have implants. I just want to make the sides look narrower PERMANENTLY
I remember reading a procedure where the surgeon tightens the nasal tip cartilage and removes excess subcutaneous tissues and fats if the tip is too fat. I don't recall the specific name of the procedure but maybe that can help if you do not want to have any implants.

I think that Pitangui's prices for primary and revision are the same, or almost the same. They are cheaper than others because Their prices are the same for locals and foreigners. But I don't think that this reflects the quality of work that they do since prices are commonly a reflection of the quality. This does however mean more money for shopping. :presents:

Hi Cheon!

So which type of implant do you consider now? If you´re going with Pitangui you have to use silicone right? ^^

Yay, there's people going to Korea in June! Me too :smile:
Out of all the clinics that I emailed, only aone, jw, wonjin, grand, and pitangui replied back to me. I honestly thought I would have more money but with the budget I have, I think I can only go to Pitangui. The average of the rest were 4k-5k just for a tip plasty revision. :x

I'm going to ask my Korean friend to look for some reviews on Naver first since it seems like it's a new name for us foreigners.

Edit:
Okay so my Korean friend said there weren't much reviews on naver reviewed by people but there are a lot on their website. She couldn't find any reviews on noses but overall the reviews on blogs were satisfied ones.

Last edited:
Please help me. I'm going to order my tickets soon.
I'm thinking of having a rhinoplasty with Dr. Wang in China and a v-line/jaw reduction surgery in Korea. Since I am not going to have these 2 surgeries at the same time. Should I get the rhino first then the vline or vline first then rhino? Which order is better?

I remember reading a procedure where the surgeon tightens the nasal tip cartilage and removes excess subcutaneous tissues and fats if the tip is too fat. I don't recall the specific name of the procedure but maybe that can help if you do not want to have any implants.
Hey Cheon, I've checked out VIP as well. They emailed me back after I showed them pictures of my nose. They gave the standard copy& paste reply that I need rib cartilage rhinoplasty. On top of that they suggested other stuff like genioplasty and midface augmentation.

Holy f*** , rhinoplasty alone already cost 11k usd. Won't be going now though, probably 2 to 2.5 years later.

But by then, things will definitely change. Like price will increase or Dr Lee from VIP doesn't work there anymore. Gotta prepare for possibilities, I guess.

Please help me. I'm going to order my tickets soon.
I'm thinking of having a rhinoplasty with Dr. Wang in China and a v-line/jaw reduction surgery in Korea. Since I am not going to have these 2 surgeries at the same time. Should I get the rhino first then the vline or vline first then rhino? Which order is better?

Hi OneTrackMind, you should definitely get v-line first then rhino so they can fit ur nose with ur new face. You said your interested in dr.wang, please update and let me know how that goes cause I'm interested in him for rhino. :smile:

Hello, I have VERY flat, bulbous and upturned nose. However, the part that I'm most unsatisfied is actually my nose tip. I'm not really looking for height projection. I've emailed a few clinics and ALL of them suggested implants or rib cartillage to enhance the height of my nose to complement the nose tip. I'm a little apprehensive as I have always thought that you can JUST your nose tip. any advise guys? TIA

Thank you for replying to me, Bei!
That is what I initially thought too. But because of certain things, I only have a 3 weeks window to do both and since they're in different places, I can't do both at the same time. I heard that after jaw reduction, my face will swell for months so wouldn't that make things difficult for the nose surgery, since the nose will swell too? My face at that time wouldn't be the final result either.

heloo guys does any of you know whether any korean clinics do radix grafts? i only want to raise the area of the nose that joins with the forehead but without using any implants that would raise the whole bridge...i find that none of them talk about it on their websites and they only do the full implant ;(