Portobello - Has anyone returned/sold theirs?

Oct 1, 2010
I think this bag is beautiful & it has been on my wish list. I also saw two women returning theirs at two different LV stores this weekend. I didn't ask why, but was curious if anyone here had this bag and returned it or sold it. What was your reasoning? Dislikes?

Mine is sitting in my closet. At first when I saw it before the release I wanted it. I got it as a gift, then when I started using it I disliked it. The canvas is thin so the bag flopped all over. You have to use a purse insert for the thing to stand on its own. I don't like using those things so it was another annoyance. I hate the dark brown lining, should be red. The swiveling handle also bothered me as I would have to adjust it before putting it on my shoulder. After a few weeks I banished it into my closet. I had enough!

Mine is sitting in my closet. At first when I saw it before the release I wanted it. I got it as a gift, then when I started using it I disliked it. The canvas is thin so the bag flopped all over. You have to use a purse insert for the thing to stand on its own. I don't like using those things so it was another annoyance. I hate the dark brown lining, should be red. The swiveling handle also bothered me as I would have to adjust it before putting it on my shoulder. After a few weeks I banished it into my closet. I had enough!

This is really great to know your thoughts. So, it is floppy? I heard one opinion that it didn't look right unless the zipper was open for her?

I still have mine and using as my everyday work bag now. I got it when it was released. It's floppy but I guess I am getting use to it now and I kinda like it as it mold to your body. But I do hate the zipper as it is very difficult to do with one hand so I never zip it up (btw, I never zip any of my bag so it really doesn't bother me)

My mother in law has this bag and loves it!

However, I tried it on and the handle seems soo hard and it doesn't seem like it's really going to break in any time soon. She just bought herself a Delightful MM with a keep all strap as her comfy bag

This info is definitely helpful. I just bought a preloved GM. I did notice there were only a few on eBay and this was the only one I had seen on a reseller site. I usually like more structured bags so I am not sure if I'll like it or not..

I love the portobello and was debating to buy it. BUT the straps just kept falling off my shoulders. I have pretty small boney shoulders so it just wasn't for me.

++++1 I kept mine only because it was a gift from DH. I needed an all weather bag.

I got mine in GM the day it was released.. I LOVE mine, it's second only to my Artsy! However, I love a big floppy bag! It reminds me a lot of the Delightful as well as the Sully but it's gonna come down to your personal preference so just walk around the store a few hours with your SA like I did!

Got the GM for Xmas and returned it a few days later. It was too big and really dark inside. It also seemed weird that the zipper didn't go to the edges of the bag, there was about a 1.5" gap on both ends.

I was also concerned with the DE print rubbing off since I'm having that issue with the corners of my speedy b.

That being said, I do think it's a beautiful bag and I love the way it looks on other ladies. It's just not for me.

Still debating this bag. Has anyone else sold their bag?
i returned mine. the strap was very uncomfortable for me. it was hard and hurt, while at the same time it slipped. can't explain how that can happen but it did. also, the strap, for me, was very obstructive because it kept swinging in front of the zip opening, and since the span of the strap is shorter than the opening by quite a bit, i didn't think it would work for me. i only kept it for one day and only tried it on my shoulder at home, so maybe i didn't give it a chance, but i just didn't think it would work for me. i know a lot of people on here love it though, so it is best to try it on yourself and see how it fits. hope this helps.