handle peeling off

zodiac_thr

O.G.
Oct 15, 2009
Hi everyone,
My friend has a antigona in calf skin less than 6 months and the leather on the handle is peel off like plastic. Does anyone have any suggestion for this situation?
I search the forums but the only two cases of peeling i see is for the lizard embossed and pepe skin.
I was the one who told her Givenchy bags quality are great compare to a lot of brand :P
Any suggestion would be helpful, thank you :smile:

Definitely return to Givenchy they should be able to re glaze the sealant if that's what's peeling they shouldn't charge as the bag is only 6 months old...... How upsetting for your friend...... I hope it gets sorted

is this the smooth shiny calf? either way, that's very odd.

luckily these incidents are rare, so do return to the store and exchange it.

thank you designerdiva40 and randr21 for your suggestion :hbeat:
i will ask her again how the store deal with the situation, she live in Sing and i live in Canada so didnt see the damage in person, but over the cam it was horrify :sad:

thank you designerdiva40 and randr21 for your suggestion :hbeat:
i will ask her again how the store deal with the situation, she live in Sing and i live in Canada so didnt see the damage in person, but over the cam it was horrify :sad:

Could you post pics so we can see how bad the peeling is..... I hope it gets sorted for your friend

Hey everyone,
Sorry to bring up this old thread after a long time, my friend just send me the pic. Here it is
What do you girls think?

The photo is so dark, it is really hard to see what is truly going on. Cannot tell if the leather is just splitting or if it was damaged.

If it is damage from use/wear, that is on her. Perhaps, a good leather repairman?
If it is defective, she definitely has to contact her retailer.

I have to say that I ordered a calfskin clutch and returned it within an hour of receiving.
I could see that from opening and closing the clutch, the calfskin was prone to cracking down the road.
However, a handle doesn't move like that. I wouldn't expect the cracking and such to happen on a handle.

Last edited:
The photo is so dark, it is really hard to see what is truly going on. Cannot tell if the leather is just splitting or if it was damaged.

If it is damage from use/wear, that is on her. Perhaps, a good leather repairman?
If it is defective, she definitely has to contact her retailer.

I have to say that I ordered a calfskin clutch and returned it within an hour of receiving.
I could see that from opening and closing the clutch, the calfskin was prone to cracking down the road.
However, a handle doesn't move like that. I wouldn't expect the cracking and such to happen on a handle.

Thank you for your reply hrhsunshine, my friend said the leather peel after she use it for a few months. She brought it back to the store and they say they could send it back to Paris and it may take a few months before she get it back. She doesnt want to part with the bag so she is still contemplating

Thank you for your reply hrhsunshine, my friend said the leather peel after she use it for a few months. She brought it back to the store and they say they could send it back to Paris and it may take a few months before she get it back. She doesnt want to part with the bag so she is still contemplating

Tell your friend it is a no brainer. Give up the bag for a few months and get it back in perfect condition. It is worth the separation to get it fixed.

I'm glad that Givenchy is taking care of it.