Euro exchange rate????

keokicat

O.G.
Apr 8, 2007
Saw a purse on LVR that I want, but how do you convert from Euros to Dollars? Trying to figure out how much it really is. Do you have to pay taxes too once it gets here? Help.

:confused1:

Saw a purse on LVR that I want, but how do you convert from Euros to Dollars? Trying to figure out how much it really is. Do you have to pay taxes too once it gets here? Help.

:confused1:

You can check currency rate @www.xe.com.
Today exchange rate Euro for USD is 1.35195.
I think that you have to pay U.S.Customs duties(taxes) merchandise over $2000.00.:yes:

So if the purse is approx. $1400. then I could expect to add another 9% on top of that? Sorry for all the questions, but this my first time to buy internationally.

As far as I know, you do not have to pay U.S.Customs duties for the merchandise less than 2000 USD for personal use.

According to the U.S.Customs

Determining Duty
The CBP officer will place the items that have the highest rate of duty under your exemption. Then, after subtracting your exemptions and the value of any duty-free items, a flat rate of duty will be charged on the next $1,000 worth of merchandise. Any dollar amount beyond this $1,000 will be dutiable at whatever duty rates apply. The flat rate of duty may only be used for items for your own use or for gifts. As with your exemption, you may use the flat rate provision only once every 30 days. Special flat rates of duty apply to items made and acquired in Canada or Mexico. The flat rate of duty applies to purchases whether the items accompany you or are shipped.

The following is an example of the different rates if you acquire goods valued at $2,500 from various different places:

Country Total declared value Personal exemption (duty-free) Flat duty rate Various duty rates
U.S. insular possessions $3,500 $1,600 $1,000 at 1.5 percent $900
Caribbean Basin countries $3,500 $800 $1,000 at 3 percent $1,700
Other countries or locations $3,500 $800 $1,000 at 3 percent $1,700

The flat duty rate will be charged on items that are dutiable but that cannot be included in your personal exemption, even if you have not exceeded the exemption. The best example of this is liquor: if you return from Europe with $200 worth of items, including two liters of liquor. One liter will be duty-free under your exemption; the other will be dutiable at 3 percent, plus any Internal Revenue Service tax.

You can find out more information @ http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/vacation/kbyg/paying_duty.xml