Galliera to be discontinued this year!

Like most have mentioned, this makes me very sad. Though its not my particular style, I wanted to buy the Gal for my mom as a Mothers Day present. She adores it so much! I waited too long :sad: ESP since I didn't expect this to happen bc it's such a beloved bag!

Wow, I just noticed this, too. Also, the Stresa is gone from the LV site as well. I had just gotten out my Azur Gal a couple of days ago, thinking that it is one of my prettier bags.

Wow, I just noticed this, too. Also, the Stresa is gone from the LV site as well. I had just gotten out my Azur Gal a couple of days ago, thinking that it is one of my prettier bags.
stresa too??? just saw one in the boutique. such a pretty bag, altho that big beautiful strap of vachetta worries me re: water spots.

stresa too??? just saw one in the boutique. such a pretty bag, altho that big beautiful strap of vachetta worries me re: water spots.

Yea, there is no Stresa in mono or Azur on the site anymore, but it sounds like there are still a few out there in the boutiques. I thought this bag was pretty, I had the Stresa PM in Azur, and all of the Vachetta didn't worry me, but it was just bigger than I wanted after a while, and since I had the Gal in Azur I went ahead and sold it. It was pretty, though.... sigh..... :rolleyes:

So glad I got my azur galliera gm right before they discontinued it. It's the most comfy bag I have. I also got the stresa pm in azur before the last price increase and before it was discontinued. Love both bags!

Good question, one I find myself often pondering :thinking: is it possible it was "too popular"? :biggrin: or maybe it was duped too much? :tdown:

So many people like this bag it's hard for me to think of it as "outdated" like other discontinued models.

More than likely this decision was based on profit$, the alcantara lining and nice details are not as economical to produce as other styles, or maybe it made owners so happy they didn't need to buy more bags for a while, that can't be good for business ;) oh well, who knows, I'm just speculating here :biggrin:

Oh, your ideas make sense... Most likely a mixture of all of your arguments... nevertheless, sad.. Let's wait, maybe there'll be re-launch in 5-7 years...:smile:

Oh, your ideas make sense... Most likely a mixture of all of your arguments... nevertheless, sad.. Let's wait, maybe there'll be re-launch in 5-7 years...:smile:

Thanks honey28 for finding some sense in my crazy ideas :biggrin:

So sad Stressa is gone too! that's another pretty bag.
Congrats to all the lucky owners of these two bags, take care of them... farewell Galliera and Stressa :wave:

It's been gone for awhile now. I phoned customer service at least 3x over the last few weeks trying to get one to no avail. I settled on the Soffi, but really wish I could have gotten the Galliera. I'm thinking maybe next year I'll try a pre-loved one if I still want it. By then I'm hoping 2nd hand prices will go down.

Wow! I was just on ebay and cant believe the price of the Galliera . Why is it so low? I mean some peoples bags are selling for around 800$. That just seems crazy. A friend of mine is thinking about selling hers but do you guys think she should wait ? Maybe they will have more value? :smile:

i want that bag also. i was deciding between this and the arty... i just worry the front metal would get scratched up and beat up easy... i wish they had the artsy GM still..
I better hurry and decide!