My new ring!!!!

jpup

Jul 14, 2011
Last year I bought a Merelani Mint garnet from a precision cutter. Merelani mints are fairly rare and come from the Merelani Hills mine in Tanzania. The main mine was closed in 2010 and the highly prized blue green Merelani mints are hard to find. They truly rival a green diamond in terms of fire- In fact the manager of a well known jewelry store asked me if mine was a green diamond!! I was thinking I would need a custom setting for my cushion as I was thinking of a rose gold halo (wanted pink diamonds in it, but really couldn't justify the cost for this gem), but I stumbled across this setting a couple of days ago and thought it was perfect for it.
Stats on my garnet are 1.28ct measuring 6.18 x 6.19. The colors just went so wonderfully with the spring weather we finally have this weekend I decided to do a little photo shoot this morning.

Attachments

• Merelani Mint garnet ring 1.jpg
    Merelani Mint garnet ring 1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,655
  • Merelani Mint glow 3.jpg
    Merelani Mint glow 3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,614
  • Merelani Mint garnet ring profile 2.jpg
    Merelani Mint garnet ring profile 2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,646
Forgot to add the setting is 18kt white and rose gold with .40kt diamonds.
And a couple more pics :biggrin:

Attachments

• Merelani Mint garnet ring 2.jpg
    Merelani Mint garnet ring 2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,616
  • Merelani Mint garnet ring 5.jpg
    Merelani Mint garnet ring 5.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,653
  • mint garnet ring profile .jpg
    mint garnet ring profile .jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,703
WOW! It' so pretty, love how feminine and regal it is, and the colors are divine! :loveeyes:

Although I confess I read the thread title and also thought "PINK DIAMOND!"

it's absolutely beautiful!! I love the colour it looks like a Paraiba tourmaline :loveeyes:

btw when I saw your thread title I immediately thought oooohh pink diamond is ready lol!!!

thanks!!

I thought afterwards that I should have mentioned this wasn't my pink diamond-lol!!
I thought I might have pictures of my pink ring by now- but Mike needed to stop working on mine to finish a couple of orders with earlier deadlines-bummer! I do understand, though, since I am not meeting with him until the first part of June where he might need to finish other rings first. The pictures I have received so far, though, are AWESOME!!!! I am sooooo pleased- the ring is going to be phenomenal (of course I may be just a tad biased)-wink