Gucci outlet bags

hockeygirl

O.G.
Nov 23, 2008
Hi all! I just purchased a Gucci horsebit Guccissima hobo from the outlet and am somewhat disappointed. It was a phone order so I didn't see the bag in person and there is no return/exchange.

What bugs me is that I repeatedly asked the sale person (over the phone) whether any of their bags are made just for outlet stores (like Coach). There's nothing wrong with that per se but I find that the quality and workmanship is usually not up to par with the items carried in the retail stores.

The Gucci sale person repeatedly confirmed that Gucci doesn't make bags just for the outlet stores and that all the bags are sent from the retail stores.

I was out of town on vacation when I made the purchase and it's my bad for not coming on TPF to do some research. The bag I got is kind of cute and it was during the Easter 50% off sale so I can live with it. I'm just really annoyed at the fact that I was not told the "truth." Ugh....

You experts on TPF, can you confirm whether many of the bags carried by the Gucci outlet stores are made just for the outlet?

Hi all! I just purchased a Gucci horsebit Guccissima hobo from the outlet and am somewhat disappointed. It was a phone order so I didn't see the bag in person and there is no return/exchange.

What bugs me is that I repeatedly asked the sale person (over the phone) whether any of their bags are made just for outlet stores (like Coach). There's nothing wrong with that per se but I find that the quality and workmanship is usually not up to par with the items carried in the retail stores.

The Gucci sale person repeatedly confirmed that Gucci doesn't make bags just for the outlet stores and that all the bags are sent from the retail stores.

I was out of town on vacation when I made the purchase and it's my bad for not coming on TPF to do some research. The bag I got is kind of cute and it was during the Easter 50% off sale so I can live with it. I'm just really annoyed at the fact that I was not told the "truth." Ugh....

You experts on TPF, can you confirm whether many of the bags carried by the Gucci outlet stores are made just for the outlet?

Many are, but their quality should be the same as regular stock, it just means that that leftover material is made into more simple-shaped bags, bags usually have a G on the front of the tag.

Personally, I take whatever most SAs say with a pinch of salt, whichever brand they work for

Many are, but their quality should be the same as regular stock, it just means that that leftover material is made into more simple-shaped bags, bags usually have a G on the front of the tag.

Personally, I take whatever most SAs say with a pinch of salt, whichever brand they work for

Thank you for your explanation. i know it should be the same quality but the feel of the bag is just "off" from the other Gucci pieces I have. It feels really like and "fake?" Oh well, lesson learned about ordering from the outlet.

This is the bag I got, maybe the horsebit imprint should have tipped me off. I don't think I've ever seen this print in the retail store? I know this is shallow and silly, I just don't want to look like I'm carrying a "made just for outlets" bag...

Attachments

• Handbags 306.jpg
    Handbags 306.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 11,966
Thank you for your explanation. i know it should be the same quality but the feel of the bag is just "off" from the other Gucci pieces I have. It feels really like and "fake?" Oh well, lesson learned about ordering from the outlet.

This is the bag I got, maybe the horsebit imprint should have tipped me off. I don't think I've ever seen this print in the retail store? I know this is shallow and silly, I just don't want to look like I'm carrying a "made just for outlets" bag...

Are you sure about the law/rules? How can they expect you to buy a bag unseen and not let you return it? Seems totally wrong to me.

Are you sure about the law/rules? How can they expect you to buy a bag unseen and not let you return it? Seems totally wrong to me.
The outlet has a strict no return/exchange policy. They tell you at the time of purchase in the store and in the outlet emails I receive from SAs they say it there too. Everything is final sale. But OP should be able to recoup all her money if she paid 50% by reselling it.

I made one purchase from the Gucci outlet - guccissima tote. All my other bags are from regular retails stores. My guccissima pelham bag from the regular store feels different from the outlet purchase. Not to mention my outlet purchase, the handle broke on it two times within 2 1/2 years. I'm never had those kind of issues with the regular store purchases.

They definitely do make bags specifically for the outlet the one I bought was never in the retail store which says a lot about the craftmanship issues I've had. There are a good amount of bags that are sent over from the regular stores post the semi-annual sales.

I'm pretty sure some items sold at the outlet are only for outlet shops and it's not an usual practice. Many outlet retailers sell things that are exclusive to the outlet. That being said, I tend to not like the bags that have that look and I can spot them rather quickly. I'm always on the hunt for bags sold at outlets, that have been sold at the retail stores as well. I feel like I get the biggest bang for my dollar that way. I actually ordered a bag from the outlet over the phone during the Easter sale and just received it today. Can't wait to go home and play with her :smile:

The outlet has a strict no return/exchange policy. They tell you at the time of purchase in the store and in the outlet emails I receive from SAs they say it there too. Everything is final sale. But OP should be able to recoup all her money if she paid 50% by reselling it.

Thanks! I'm probably reselling it to recoup my money. The outlet definitely was very clear on the no return/exchange and I'm not disputing that at all. It's just that I was told the wrong info by the SA who assured me that they don't sell bags made "just for outlets."

The horsebit imprint is beautiful!
I do think the imprint is beautiful. I think it's more about the feel and craftmanship of the bag. I know it shouldn't be any different but it really has a completely different feel than the bags from the retail stores.

I made one purchase from the Gucci outlet - guccissima tote. All my other bags are from regular retails stores. My guccissima pelham bag from the regular store feels different from the outlet purchase. Not to mention my outlet purchase, the handle broke on it two times within 2 1/2 years. I'm never had those kind of issues with the regular store purchases.

They definitely do make bags specifically for the outlet the one I bought was never in the retail store which says a lot about the craftmanship issues I've had. There are a good amount of bags that are sent over from the regular stores post the semi-annual sales.

Thanks. Knew I should have done my research here on TPF. Lesson learned.

I'm pretty sure some items sold at the outlet are only for outlet shops and it's not an usual practice. Many outlet retailers sell things that are exclusive to the outlet. That being said, I tend to not like the bags that have that look and I can spot them rather quickly. I'm always on the hunt for bags sold at outlets, that have been sold at the retail stores as well. I feel like I get the biggest bang for my dollar that way. I actually ordered a bag from the outlet over the phone during the Easter sale and just received it today. Can't wait to go home and play with her :smile:
Ooh, which bag did you get? The Easter sale did have some really good prices.

Thanks! I'm probably reselling it to recoup my money. The outlet definitely was very clear on the no return/exchange and I'm not disputing that at all. It's just that I was told the wrong info by the SA who assured me that they don't sell bags made "just for outlets."

I do think the imprint is beautiful. I think it's more about the feel and craftmanship of the bag. I know it shouldn't be any different but it really has a completely different feel than the bags from the retail stores.

Thanks. Knew I should have done my research here on TPF. Lesson learned.

Ooh, which bag did you get? The Easter sale did have some really good prices.

Not sure of the bag name but it's off white or winter white large pebbled leather bag with bamboo accents, and braided handle. It's gorgeous! I'll be sure to post pics soon