The BEST whitening essence?? help! & my review on Vichy Bi-White..

fennelcake

O.G.
Feb 20, 2007
Hi Ladies, here I am posting again when I should be cleaning up the house..:P

just wondering what you think is the best whitening essence product you have used??:confused1:

right now, I'm using Vichy Bi-White essence..and in my opinion..this being the 2nd tube that i've used..it's not really doing much..it seems like it is making my skin worse:crybaby: ..but it's so expensive so I decided that I might as well finish it..but it's almost gone now :graucho: which means..I can buy a NEW whitening essence for myself!! yay!:rolleyes:

any suggestions?

ps: the Vichy one..I dunno if it's just me or what..:shrugs: ..after I put it on and I put on my moisturizer..little bits and flaky white pieces will fall off of my face..like eraser bits..:yucky: neways..NO MORE VICHY!!

ps: the Vichy one..I dunno if it's just me or what..:shrugs: ..after I put it on and I put on my moisturizer..little bits and flaky white pieces will fall off of my face..like eraser bits..:yucky: neways..NO MORE VICHY!!
I havent used this Vichy product yet, but I have been using their skin care products for 8 years and that has never happened to me :shrugs: Maybe the essence + moisturizes was to oily for your skin? Maybe you need to exfoliate?
Anyway just thought I'd defend Vichy cause I :heart: their stuff ;)

My favorite is not Vichy BTW.
I personnaly think Vichy is too weak.

For me the things that's work are ...
- Vitamin C serum from Guerllain
- Whitenning essence / Clarins
- Vit c serum / La Praire
- Shishedo white lucent (beware of the acne too)
- SKII essence (some does'nt see the effect)
- Suqqu whitenning essence

But most of all that work for me is IPL treatment.
I live in tropical zone that have strong sun exposure , when I was young I must travel under strong sunlight to school 2-3 hours a day. So you proably imagine how my skin damage was when I grew up :sad: and none of the magic cream can cure my face , my face look 3 shade darker that my neck . So ugly combination.

Then with the IPL traetment , it help rejuvenate my texture and skin color lighter. Just 1 course ,I can see the differences.

Anyway ,if you living in US , I think the doctors there are more carefull to do the Rx IPL with the dark skin patients , so it's hard to find one . Anyway I think it'd worth to try.

As much as I love La Prairie, I don't really recommend their whitening serum. It smells pretty bad and seems to give me pimples so I rarely use it now. However I do love the whitening moisturizer (see below)

My favs:
La Prairie - Cellular Intensive Anti-Aging Anti-Spot moisturizing cream
Lancome's Neurowhite/Blanc Expert - the entire line (I use the toner, serum, and moisturizing lotion/milk)
Blanc de La Mer - serum and essence are very nice

I know these brands are much more expensive than Vichy's but you should definitely at least try Lancome's. Sometimes they have gift packages containing 2-3 products, so you'll get a deal there for about 100$.

Last edited:
I do not recommend SKII essence. I spend hundreds of dollars on that line and did not see much. I did like however the whitening masks. I found those to be better than the essence or whitening drops