Cleaning white pebbled leather?

NSesta1687

Dec 28, 2008
Hi all,
I was wondering what's the best way to clean the white pebbled leather Coach has. I have a winter white bag and it really had a tinge of dirt on it and its driving me crazy. Any tips would be very appreciated! Thanks. :smile:

What I have found with the white leather is that those "dirty" areas are usually where the color has worn off, and if you try to clean it, it will make it worse. However :0), there is help! Get some of the dab on white shoe polish. Dab it on, let it dry, then buff. It might take several dabs depending on how bad the spot is, but I have rehabbed whole bags this way. It will need touching up occasionally. I think if you have white leather anything it is good to have the polish on hand.

Hope this helps.

Hi all,
I was wondering what's the best way to clean the white pebbled leather Coach has. I have a winter white bag and it really had a tinge of dirt on it and its driving me crazy. Any tips would be very appreciated! Thanks. :smile:

What I have found with the white leather is that those "dirty" areas are usually where the color has worn off, and if you try to clean it, it will make it worse. However :0), there is help! Get some of the dab on white shoe polish. Dab it on, let it dry, then buff. It might take several dabs depending on how bad the spot is, but I have rehabbed whole bags this way. It will need touching up occasionally. I think if you have white leather anything it is good to have the polish on hand.

Hope this helps.

It might be color-transfer from dark clothes or it may be soiled. White bags are difficult to rehab and you have to be careful with pebbled leather because you can't let products build up in the little nooks and crannies and then dry.

I don't recommend shoe polish, it can rub off on your clothes and it makes it very difficult to rehab a bag. It may be possible to clean it or it may be necessary to dye it.

I suggest posting pics of the bag and the damage at the link below to ask for advice from Coach rehabbers. Good luck!
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club-624452.html#post16568999

I'm just seeing this post (PF newbie), Magic Eraser works great on cleaning my white pebbled leather Coach bags. It cleans all
my leather bags nicely. Just cut off a small
strip, wet & wring the strip (why waste the entire
pad?) and gently dab a few times.