Returned my Poussin Knot... for this

Oooh, awesome buys. My local Neiman's had the ash fume one for a long time, and I visited it often (I think ReRe did, too!). Yours looks fantastic, and you'll use it well! The ring makes a statement, and it really suits you.

Enjoy! Thanks for all the photos!

Never had I imagined that I would one day be the happy (but broke) owner of a croc knot.
It was the last piece where I lived and I knew it was now or never.

My Poussin Nappa Fringe Ayers knot while lovely, had to go back. Deep in my heart, I knew that I would always be a stretch knot kind of a gal. And Steel reminded me of the Ash fume stretch knot from 4-5 years back (the one that got away).
That knot is just gorgeous! In these pics it looks almost like Ash, which was 'the one that got away' for me too, so I know what you mean. But Steel is an equally delish color! I'm happy for you! :ghi5:

Thanks, lkweh! No, it's not a special order. However, colors aside from Nero and Ebano are quite hard to come by since BV does not produce a lot of croc stretch knots in seasonal colors. I was lucky to have my pick from a few colors at my local boutique right now... Blood, Edoardo, Krim, Duchesse, Tourmaline, Ebano and Nero. They also had a Violet croc but not in stretch.

I almost went for Blood but they managed to find me the last piece of Steel in the warehouse. :yahoo:
You mean your local boutique had a croc stretch knot in Ebano? Oh my! :faint:

I thought Plum, Blood, and Steel were the only croc knot colors from last season?

Stunning! Stunning! Stunning! Enjoy it and congratulations!

Wow beautiful purse!!

Oooh, awesome buys. My local Neiman's had the ash fume one for a long time, and I visited it often (I think ReRe did, too!).

Thanks, newbags4me, jcb32 and blueiris!

I "visited" the Iron/Brass Lizard Cabat for a while... I'm glad I'm not the only (crazy) one :biggrin:

In these pics it looks almost like Ash, which was 'the one that got away' for me too, so I know what you mean.

Whoa... Ash fume croc knot fans are coming out of the woodwork. It seems like a good number of us lusted after it. It was indeed a splendid color but the pics really show how close both are. They would probably look the same from afar and you'd only notice the difference up close because one has dark olive undertones while the other has beige/mocha/grey undertones.

You mean your local boutique had a croc stretch knot in Ebano? Oh my! :faint:

I thought Plum, Blood, and Steel were the only croc knot colors from last season?

Yes, Ebano and Nero croc stretch knots are quite easy to find where I'm at. I'm lucky I live in a tiny country with 8 BV boutiques! In that sense, you get good variety and the local buyers are quite adventurous with their bag and color selections.

Plum, Blood, Steel and Tourmaline were from last season. Duchesse, Krim, Edoardo are from this season. They also had another color from a few seasons back that looked to me like Resina (fairly bright but not shocking yellow/orange).

Steel on Steel on Steel - a comparison of croc, nappa and a bit of ayers (Steel/Stucco combo)

Maybe it's not very obvious in the photo but croc dyes the darkest & shows off the grey the most. Nappa shows a great blend of beige and grey and Ayers is obviously the lightest due to the scales.

Attachments

• DSCN2595.JPG
    DSCN2595.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 1,371
Yes, Ebano and Nero croc stretch knots are quite easy to find where I'm at. I'm lucky I live in a tiny country with 8 BV boutiques! In that sense, you get good variety and the local buyers are quite adventurous with their bag and color selections.

Plum, Blood, Steel and Tourmaline were from last season. Duchesse, Krim, Edoardo are from this season. They also had another color from a few seasons back that looked to me like Resina (fairly bright but not shocking yellow/orange).
Oh ok, thanks, good to know! or may be bad to know, lol! I wonder if the US boutiques also carry it.

Is the Ebano croc very different (much darker) from Steel or Ash?

TDL, if you go to BV again, do you mind taking pictures of the croc stretch knot? Wondering how the Duchesse, Eduardo, Ebano, and Tourmaline look like. :smile: If it's not too much trouble. I see Ash-Fume Grey in NM (regular knot) website. Can't see the difference between Ash and Steel.

Steel on Steel on Steel - a comparison of croc, nappa and a bit of ayers (Steel/Stucco combo)

Maybe it's not very obvious in the photo but croc dyes the darkest & shows off the grey the most. Nappa shows a great blend of beige and grey and Ayers is obviously the lightest due to the scales.

:heart: Great collection

Thanks for your kind words, mundodabolsa, papertiger and Miva!

Now on the topic of Steel vs. Ash croc knots... I have long admired the Ash croc knot from afar and was more than happy to hear that they've been sold out for a while now. That way, I don't need to keep dreaming about it. :graucho:

Ash is 2 shades darker and had stronger olive undertones. Steel on the other hand has a wider range of undertones because it looks grey under certain lighting and dark beigey brown in others. I didn't make the connection that both colors in croc would look quite close since the same colors in nappa look very distinct.

I never even thought of checking the Steel croc knot when they introduced the color last year and was pleasantly surprised on the resemblance. It must be the fume (smoked) effect during the dyeing process but I'm glad it turned out this way.

I will keep my eyes open for that colour.....:hbeat:

OMG. What nice additions to your collection. Enjoy the ring and croc knot!

Thanks, Mousse! I absolutely plan to!

Yes, Ebano is very different. It's the one color aside from black that tend to look consistently the same across the different types of leather. I can post a color comparison pic later when I get home.

Oh ok, thanks, good to know! or may be bad to know, lol! I wonder if the US boutiques also carry it.

As promised, here's a color comparison photo of Ebano (mini Cabt) and Steel. The former is one of the few colors that dye consistently across various types of leathers. The shadows and gradations on the scales will not be as obvious or highlighted on a darker color but it still looks rich and very textured.

And yes, the US boutiques carry the Steel croc knot! It came out last F/W so I'm sure your SA or the online personal shopper on the BV website can help you locate one if you really wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 166