Returned my Poussin Knot... for this

I love the ring! (And your fancy French manicure too!)

Congratulations on the stretch knot! Croc knots are something else.

What did you think of the fringe knot (other than it wasn't quite right for you)? I haven't seen in IRL yet but I love the look of it from the catalogue. I am a regular size knot girl.

Thanks, YellowLabKiss! I seem to have developed a more adventurous streak when it comes to nails this past year.

I pre-ordered the fringe knot from the trunk show a few months back. I love texture on leather bags/clutches and this one was all that and yet was buttery soft. Plus, Poussin is a great neutral color and would be the perfect foil from my other knot which is Ink (dark blue violet) with some metallic accents. BV did another nappa fringe ayers knot 2-3 years back and I think this 2013 version is much classier.

I posted close up shots of the weave on the following thread in case you've not seen - http://forum.purseblog.com/bottega-...eatment-processes-504104-15.html#post24090284

If it came in a stretch and if $$$ was not an object for the croc knot then I would've kept both. Alas, I'm not like sbelle... who keeps both (just kidding, S!) ;)

Never had I imagined that I would one day be the happy (but broke) owner of a croc knot.
It was the last piece where I lived and I knew it was now or never.

My Poussin Nappa Fringe Ayers knot while lovely, had to go back. Deep in my heart, I knew that I would always be a stretch knot kind of a gal. And Steel reminded me of the Ash fume stretch knot from 4-5 years back (the one that got away).

OMG ..... I love it, congratulation on that magnificent knot .... I know what you mean about the Fume... I regret not buying it too, Enjoy your gorgeous bag

The creme de la creme... you will enjoy this tremendously!!!

I use mine during the day & the evening as well..

Thanks, hotshot! I initially thought that a croc knot is to be reserved for more formal and dressier occasions but I completely get what you're saying about the "day & evening" functionality. For instance, I used it yesterday and I was just in my casual weekend get-up of t-shirt and jeans.

Attachments

• DSCN2559.JPG
    DSCN2559.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 353
I think this knot may be one of my favorite knots ever. so gorgeous, and you took some great pictures too.

Perfect bag in every way and that ring is totally cool, congratulations to you on everything :woohoo:

Steel is great choice. Ash would be nice too. I saw the Krim (but not stretch) when I was in SF a couple weeks ago. It is soooo soft yet beautiful. Thanks for the info, TDL.

OMG ..... I love it, congratulation on that magnificent knot .... I know what you mean about the Fume... I regret not buying it too, Enjoy your gorgeous bag

Thanks for your kind words, mundodabolsa, papertiger and Miva!

Now on the topic of Steel vs. Ash croc knots... I have long admired the Ash croc knot from afar and was more than happy to hear that they've been sold out for a while now. That way, I don't need to keep dreaming about it. :graucho:

Ash is 2 shades darker and had stronger olive undertones. Steel on the other hand has a wider range of undertones because it looks grey under certain lighting and dark beigey brown in others. I didn't make the connection that both colors in croc would look quite close since the same colors in nappa look very distinct.

I never even thought of checking the Steel croc knot when they introduced the color last year and was pleasantly surprised on the resemblance. It must be the fume (smoked) effect during the dyeing process but I'm glad it turned out this way.

Now how about a group shot... and a few more details of the knot clasp. I moved the ring to my index finger since it looked better on the photo. :P

Attachments

• DSCN2549.JPG
    DSCN2549.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCN2566.JPG
    DSCN2566.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCN2564.JPG
    DSCN2564.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 322
TDL- congratulations. everything is just beautiful. the croc. stretch knot, the ring and your pictures are all amazing. use them all in good health and happiness. i also love your watch.
hope everything is good and hope to see you soon.

So beautiful, congratulations!

TDL- congratulations. everything is just beautiful. the croc. stretch knot, the ring and your pictures are all amazing. use them all in good health and happiness. i also love your watch.
hope everything is good and hope to see you soon.

Thanks, both! I'm "steel" in a knot daze :graucho:

annie9999 - all is well and I hope the same is with you. Been busy with work, transitioning into a new role and cheating a lot with shoes lately (my greatest weakness). NYC is definitely in the cards this year and I'll email all of you as soon as it is locked.

I've always thought I wasn't a lover of exotic materials, but that is absolutely stunning!!! Perfection............congratulations on acquiring this beautiful Knot!

Thanks, boxermom! I'm not an exotic fanatic as well but the stars seem to have aligned for this one. The color, the size (stretch knot all the way!), the scales (I prefer smaller over larger sections)... it was the perfect one for me.

I thought about it and in the end, I realized I'd rather have this one knot than 3 others that doesn't tick all my boxes.

You will see that you will start leaning more towards your knot for use during thee day..

It will also be great for the summer too... I haven't regrettted making this investment

at all...

To me the color is functional 12 months