Chanel Classic Flap or Boy Bag?

Miss Al

Dreaming of H
O.G.
Feb 16, 2013
Hi

I'm planning to get another Chanel bag... but can't decide on which one. Need your opinion. Should I get the Boy Chanel medium or Classic flap in M/L?

I currently own a Jumbo, GST & Cambon ligne bags + Camellia wallet.

Hi

I'm planning to get another Chanel bag... but can't decide on which one. Need your opinion. Should I get the Boy Chanel medium or Classic flap in M/L?

I currently own a Jumbo, GST & Cambon ligne bags + Camellia wallet.

When you look at photos (or better still, the bags in person), which one really calls to you? What color(s) are you thinking of, and what material? Are you looking for an everyday bag or one that can be both everyday and evening? Do you prefer a traditional classic or an updated bag, which may or may not stand the test of time? What colors do you currently have in your jumbo and GST?

There are so many options in these bags, especially the boy, from materials (calf, lamb, glazed, patterned, denim, etc.) so it's a wide open range. What sort of style appeals to you?

Sorry to answer your question with more questions, but it helps to know how you will use a bag and what things you like. :smile:

When you look at photos (or better still, the bags in person), which one really calls to you? What color(s) are you thinking of, and what material? Are you looking for an everyday bag or one that can be both everyday and evening? Do you prefer a traditional classic or an updated bag, which may or may not stand the test of time? What colors do you currently have in your jumbo and GST?

There are so many options in these bags, especially the boy, from materials (calf, lamb, glazed, patterned, denim, etc.) so it's a wide open range. What sort of style appeals to you?

Sorry to answer your question with more questions, but it helps to know how you will use a bag and what things you like. :smile:
My jumbo is in beige clair and my GST is in black.

I want a bag that I can use everyday and also for evening wear. I'm hoping to add red or blue to my collection.

My jumbo is in beige clair and my GST is in black.

I want a bag that I can use everyday and also for evening wear. I'm hoping to add red or blue to my collection.

I agree with soxx that if you are wanting it for everyday and evening that a M/L would be the best choice. There is a red with matte gold hardware coming out just now for 13P and a gorgeous blue with matte gold also coming for 13P; both are lambskin, which is perfect in a M/L size and the color is so rich in lambskin.

I agree with soxx that if you are wanting it for everyday and evening that a M/L would be the best choice. There is a red with matte gold hardware coming out just now for 13P and a gorgeous blue with matte gold also coming for 13P; both are lambskin, which is perfect in a M/L size and the color is so rich in lambskin.
oh really... wow. I'll be going to the boutique on Thursday to check the bags out.

Actually on hindsight, my jumbo can serve as the everyday bag while the smaller bag (m/l or boy medium) can be the evening bag. I've decided to get a red bag so for reds will it be better on the m/l or boy.

If you plan on using the bag for evenings, the classic m/l is a better choice. You can use it for both day or night, whereas the boy is more casual and relaxed. The classic is as it's name suggests a classic and will always be chic and elegant. It goes with all outfits whether day casual, more pulled together chic, as well as formal dressy evenings. The boy has more of an edgy, trendy look. It has a little bit of a rocker chic look to me which I think is great for day, but not necessarily dressy evenings. Borh styles are gorgeous and in my opinion serve different purposes. Good luck with your decision.

If you want specifically to use this for an evening bag and in red, I would say get a m/l flap. The boy tends to look more casual than dressy imo. Unless you get a boy with a lot of bling or some sparkle.

Just saw the new bright, saturated blue the new boy is coming in size medium and it rocked! Like someone else said, which one is calling out to you right now?

I would get classic flap medium but since you already own a jumbo, I'd go for the boy, it's a hot style right now.

Are you looking for a bag that will stand the test of time, and be elegant for evenings as you earlier stated, or are you looking for a fun bag for the daytime for a few seasons? If the former, then the M/L in lambskin would be perfect, especially in red. Know that red Chanel bags are highly sought after in the classic flap, so when you see one, grab it! The boy is a much more casual, fun vibe of-the-moment bag; as the poster above said, "hot style right now," but not a lasting classic as the M/L flap is and will be.

Reactions: TChip5