Does Prada go on sale? (I'm a newbie!)

Calvin7592

O.G.
May 19, 2012
Hi all! I am usually in the LV forum. But I went to the Mall of America yesterday and there is a new Prada boutique in Nordstrom! I never gave Prada a real look because it was sort of hard to find in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Does Prada ever go on sale? And if so, when? Thanks!

Yes, Prada do go on sale but usually only their seasonal bags and colors. But the classic ones like the Saffiano tote hardly ever go on sale. There was a sale at Saks two months ago at 30%.
Hi all! I am usually in the LV forum. But I went to the Mall of America yesterday and there is a new Prada boutique in Nordstrom! I never gave Prada a real look because it was sort of hard to find in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Does Prada ever go on sale? And if so, when? Thanks!

I talked to my SA the other day- she works at the Designer Handbag section in Nordstrom and specializes in the Prada handbags- I was debating over a black or bluette Prada bag and at the end I decided on the black. She did tell me that if the bluette ever went on sale that she would let me know.

I was a bit surprised that a Prada bag would go on sale and she explained that since its been in the store for over 2 seasons that eventually (if no one buys it) it would go on sale! :smile:

But I should add these bags tend to be in the back of the store since all the new bags are going to be put on display. You might need to ask a SA if they have any bags on sale :smile:

They also have prada shops in the orlando premium outlets with really good prices. I believe they have more of these premium outlets in other states but the orlando ones are the only ones I've been lucky enough to go to.

They definitely go on sale - on good sales too! You should try to find out if there's a Prada outlet near you anywhere. Mine has really good prices - and I would assume that they are better than in-store markdowns (but even my local regular Prada sometimes has a few markdowns at 50%, just not as much to choose from compared to the outlets).

You should try NM in June. (Or is it in May? Sorry) :P They have had awesome Prada bags on sale.
I saw one last year that was a soft calf hobo, a beautiful dark brown, not a seasonal bag... went from $1495 (USD) to like $600 at the NM Prada handbag sale. Not damaged either. (Hmm maybe it was 2011 - but still) They have some good Prada bag sales. Saks too.

So...I guess its safe to say that the Prada Saffiano double zip won't be going on sale anytime soon??

Well it depends- if the color is from a past season and its been on the shelf/back of the store for a really really really long time (a year +) then it might go on sale.

BTW I know a lot of people have recommended going to Prada outlet stores- and I'm sure they are AMAZING (slightly sad that we don't have them in the state I live in) but I've read that the bags sold there tend to be made in China. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying made in China products are bad or anything (I'm sure over 70% of the things I use are made in China)- but I was a bit turned off to hear that Prada was outsourcing their production to China, especially for their high prices.

Yes it does. It also depends on the stores that carries it. If they have sales, the designer shoes and bags will also be on sale, eventhough it's Prada.

LV, Chanel, Hermes... they never have sale. That's for sure.

I went to the Prada Outlet at Woodbury Common last month and the SA said that they never receive the Saffiano Lux Totes there. They did have a nice selection of handbags and wallets, however!

i really love Prada Saffiano Parabole in black.but sort of waiting for good time to buy or at least open NM credit card to get % off and reward.i checked on their website but i couldnt get how it works GRRRR.....!can anyone help me out?

Yes it does. It also depends on the stores that carries it. If they have sales, the designer shoes and bags will also be on sale, eventhough it's Prada.

LV, Chanel, Hermes... they never have sale. That's for sure.

You're wrong informed. Chanel goes on sale up to 70% twice a year. Hermes has sale 50% off too.

Prada has a nice outlet at the Woodbury commons. There is also Fendi, Dior, Gucci, YSL, and etc. There also was a nice Chanel outlet but it closed 2010. I bought a couple of seasonal bags there, and a nice bright blue metallic reissue 2.55 ;)