Brands with Thicker Earring Posts?

Nov 14, 2012
Hello, everyone!

As you all remember, I purchased a pair of Tiffany &Co. DBTY earrings just before Christmas... Well, I fell in love with the thicker posts and heavier backings!! I'd been wearing earrings from the mall or cheaper jewelers all of my life, so I'm head-over-heels for the heavier quality earrings I found at Tiffany. The backs haven't fallen off even once since I started wearing them, and the posts haven't bent at all when I've removed them to clean them or wear a different pair for the evening.

So, I wanted to ask:

Which other brands offer the thicker earring posts and heavier earring backs (aside from T&Co) in solid gold?

I've been looking at designers like Alex Woo and Jennifer Meyer, but I've never seen their products in person (as they have no retailers near me). I don't know if their earrings are Tiffany quality, or if they're closer to what I used to wear (*cough*PiercingPagoda*cough*)?

I'd love to get a yellow gold pair of earrings, but nothing on the Tiffany website *sings* to me right now... aside from the Color by the Yard Lapis earrings, but my budget is $400 or less right now. That, and buying the Lapis earrings would create a "need" for the necklace that I prefer to avoid...

VCA is very high quality. I think most of their simple styles feature a pousette backing.
My guess is their pricing won't work for you. (I just re-read your post.)

I do have several RG peices by Jennifer Fisher. I do not have earrings, but her other gold peices are quite nice & sort of CA edgy. Might be worth a look.

VCA is very high quality. I think most of their simple styles feature a pousette backing.
My guess is their pricing won't work for you. (I just re-read your post.)

I do have several RG peices by Jennifer Fisher. I do not have earrings, but her other gold peices are quite nice & sort of CA edgy. Might be worth a look.

Thank you for that! I will look into Jennifer Fisher pieces.

Any other suggestions for earrings with thicker posts and sturdier backs?

I have emerald earrings from Columbian Emeralds in yellow gold that are thick posts with gorgeous backings with filigree. Also, get screw backs. They tend to be thicker posts and no worries of them falling off.

Chopard seems to use thicker posts, I had a problem with getting them in my pierced hole because I'm used to much thinner posts but eventually my hole must of stretched enough & now they fit perfectly.

The Jennifer Meyer earrings at Ylang 23 have a great quality, and there are endless styles in your price range: http://www.ylang23.com/shop.cfm?Sho...=137&refine_price=300-500,150-300&refine=true

Thank you for that! I really love Jennifer Meyer earrings, but have never seen them in-person, so I don't know about the quality of the posts/backings of her earrings.

Does anyone own a pair of Jennifer Meyer earrings? I ask because I really, really enjoy this brand (well, as far as what I have seen online!) but have no way of seeing these in-person. Are her earring posts more substantial? Are the backings secure?